Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS CRITICAL ALARM

karim7784
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have this alarm appear on the central manager Knowing that I update to the latest version ( 4.3.16) and there is no bugs related to such error:

Alram:Memory size does not match with model type

Any Idea what does this mean?!

2 Replies 2

rvavale
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Karim,

This alarm could be due to Malfunctioning Memory module or the slot.

Do 'show hardware' or 'show memory' to check total running memory for the WAE. Check syslog if you find any memory related error messages.

If the memory has failed then you will need to RMA.

Best Regards,

Rahul

DAVID MYERS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Karim,

I don't think this is a bug - the device is reporting it has detected an unsupported memory configuration.

I am also experiencing this message with a WAE device model 574 after upgrading from 4.1.5g to 4.2.3c. Whilst the device was running with 4.1.5g the memory was upgraded from the default of 3GB. But during the upgrade process more memory was installed than should have been - in a combination that is unsupported for the 574 platform.

The WAE 574 hardware has 4 memory slots. The default memory of 3GB is made up of 1GB (slot 1A), 512MB (slot 2B), 1GB (slot 3A) and 512MB (slot 4B). The upgrade to 6GB involves removing the 2 x 512MB in slots 2B and 4B and replacing them each with a 2GB module.

In my case all the memory modules were replaced with 2GB modules in error - providing a total of 8GB. Although the device happily reloaded and appeared to operate normally - this memory configuration is unsupported (only 3GB and 6GB is supported on this platform). No alarm was reported until the device was upgraded to ver 4.2.3c.

I suspect something similar has happened in your case - rather than memory that is malfunctioning.

I notice the original post back in March is sometime ago - is this issue now resolved for you?

Regards

Dave