Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS installation - Memory exceeding the maximum

Axel Robbe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a question regarding a WAAS install. After installing a brandnew SSD (msata) in a brandnew 4k ISR, i have issues completing the installation. The device has 4GB of memory and I'm trying to run the vWaas 750 profile installer with service waas enable.

Below are the errors i encounter:

Installing bootflash:/ISR-WAAS-6.4.3c.42.ova

installing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Dec 13 10:12:03.297: %VMAN-5-PACKAGE_SIGNING_LEVEL_ON_INSTALL: R0/0: vman: Package 'ISR-WAAS-6.4.3c.42.ova' for service container 'AUTOWAAS' is 'Cisco signed', signing level cached on original install is 'Cisco signed'!!!!!
*Dec 13 10:12:14.165: %VMAN-2-MEMORY_LIMIT_WARN: R0/0: vman: Virtual service (AUTOWAAS) defines 4096 MB of Memory exceeding the maximum 512 MB.
*Dec 13 10:12:14.165: %VMAN-2-MACH_PARSE_FAILURE: R0/0: vman: Virtual Service[AUTOWAAS]::Parsing::XML parsing failure::Unable to parse VM machine definition::Requests 4096 MB of memory which exceeds the maximum of 512
installation failure decision to exit

Router#
*Dec 13 10:12:14.597: %IOSXE_VMAN-3-MSGINITFAIL: Failed to initialize required Virt-manager resource: VM [AUTOWAAS]: Install failed, unable to parse VM machine def

I don't know what this means. Where does the 512 MB maximum come from? There is practically no config on the device as it came fresh out of the box. Is there something I'm missing from this installation guide???

All help is sincerely appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Axel Robbe
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation was a bit unclear whether the VM or the platform had a requirement or recommendation of 4GB. I ended up plugging 16 GB of RAM in and an extra flash module of 16gb as well. This has helped to successfully complete the install.

One note though: Adding a RAM module of a different size will make the router unbootable. So, total memory needs to exceed 4GB with either 1 stick or 2 sticks of identical size.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Axel Robbe
Level 1
Level 1

The documentation was a bit unclear whether the VM or the platform had a requirement or recommendation of 4GB. I ended up plugging 16 GB of RAM in and an extra flash module of 16gb as well. This has helped to successfully complete the install.

One note though: Adding a RAM module of a different size will make the router unbootable. So, total memory needs to exceed 4GB with either 1 stick or 2 sticks of identical size.