Views
Helpful
Replies

waas mobile + waas appliance

TCAM
Level 1
Level 1

Topology

waas mobile client ---------waas appliance---------wan---------waas appliance---------waas mobile server---------------applications/servers

What will happen in this topology?  Who is going to perform the acceleration function?

Can waas mobile client/server talk to waas appliance?

Thanks

Joe

3 Replies 3

rlima
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Waas Mobile and WAAS are going to be both optimizing traffic in this case. 

While  WAAS mobile will tunneled all the traffic so Optimized data is  transmitted over UDP port 1182 and session initiation and control uses  TCP port 1182.

WAAS appliance will perform same transparent method,  by applying option 33 (0x21) and changing the tcp sequence so both WAE's  (dc and remote site) can see each other and apply optimization to the  tcp flow.

Since WAAS mobile will have already compressed data  initially, when the tcp flow hist WAAS appliance devices I expect that  the optimization there will be minimum.

You might  consider to have WAAS Mobile next to your VPN hubs, so remote  desktop/laptops are able to get optimization when ingress in your  network and  won't waste WAAS appliances resources  which will perform  double optimization, first in waas mobile then in waas itself.

Hope the information helps.

Thank you

Rubens

Thank for taking time to answer my question Rubens!

In my previous email, i listed a second question - Can waas mobile client/server talk to waas appliance?

I guess it is not, am i right?

Joe

ktunugun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Joe,

Yes you are right. WAAS Mobile Client / Server doesn't / can't talk to WAAS Appliance.

WAAS Mobile and WAAS Appliance are 2 different solutions and don't interoperate.

Regards

Kiran.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: