we have big problem with our WAAS 274 5.1.1a in one of 10 locations. If we enable the interception, our users reports us extrem slow performance and they cannot initiate new connections to out citrix servers. Telnet to the citrix ports is possible.
This is one of 10 edge WAAS devices with the sam econfiguration so thought this can only be a hardware defect.
So we startet changing erverything:
New WAE274 Device, New LAN Router, Changed from WCCP to Inline interception, created new configs (no copy of an old one).
But nothing changed!
Does anyone have an idea where to look now?
We are experiencing this issue as well. Have 35 + WAE's deployed running 5.0.3. Only 1 offices is slowing down in Citrix (everything from key strokes being 3-6 seconds behind to sessions freezing).
We've checked all of the duplex settings, validated configurations on the route / switch environment. We are also having our Citrix admins validate the encryption / compression settings to make sure nothings changed.
This WAAS was working several months back but all of a sudden started causing these issues.
Yes we've opened a TAC case.. Anyone else have any luck with this?
quite interesting! we are on the process of upgrading our farm to 5.3.3 from 4.4.5. Currently I am testing this in the lab and it works quite well.
It will be nice if you could take optimization off this traffic .. meaning it will be seeing as PT.
If still slow then it is most likely a layer 2/3 issue on the network or inline or anything..
on the other hand if it is slow only when optimized then we will need to start collecting logs from the WAAS and your Citrix set up.
Opening a TAC case should clarify further,
Were you able to find resolution to this issue? We have been working with TAC and Citrix support on a similar situation for multiple months now and have not been able to determine root cause. Hardware has been swapped and software has been upgraded multiple times. This still seems to be the only site out of 35+ that experience slowness issues when WAAS optimization is combined with ICA traffic.
We are currently running a WAVE294 at version 5.1.1f
I have to disable ICA accelerator after migrating to 5.3.3 as we had lots of issues! TAC mentioned we need to upgrade our citrix farm (currently 4.5) or the workaround was to configure 128bit RC5 encryption.
I would rather wait for our server guys to upgrade their farm.
Hello Everyone, I just wanted to update everyone on what we found to be the issue for our environment. We found that our WAN service provider had added a shaper (unknown to us) to CoS-2 which was set to 30% of port bandwidth and CoS-3 which was set to 23%. These are the classes where all our Citrix traffic resides. So basically this was causing our issue because the shappers were artificially limiting the bandwidth and causing delays which became exaggerated when WAAS was in play. We got the shappers removed and ever since there has been no issues.