cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Virtual blade Stability

kevin.mcphail
Level 1
Level 1

Over the past 8 – 10 months I have noticed that the stability of the virtual blades on the cisco WAAS devices are not that great.

In my work environment we supply mainly cisco WAE devices to our clients unless they request otherwise. We mainly supply the WAE-574, WAE-674, WAE-OE7330, WAE-OE7363, WAE-OE7350. We manage roughly 50 – 60 WAE devices in total. Even thou this is not a large amount we still seem to encounter quite a few issues on a monthly basis. On average we have to rebuild the VB on around 2 – 3 WAE devices a month.

From my personal experience I have noticed that some of the competitors such as riverbed are far more stable.

Don’t get me wrong i am a huge Cisco fan and would only recommend Cisco products . As i am sure we all know Cisco dominates in all other aspects thus making this small issue a concern for me.

My questions are as followed:

Firstly has anyone else experienced these same issues ? (I have not been able to find another post about the sability of the VB's)

Secondly does anyone know if Cisco are looking at improving their WAE devices?

Kind Regards,

2 Replies 2

kevin.mcphail
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone got any advice on this issue?

Any information will be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,

networkteam2
Level 1
Level 1

Only issues we have seen is with windows 2003, since we upgraded them to 2008 it's all been pretty stable. We had an issue with one of our windows images which caused memory leaks.

When you say you have to rebuild them what do you mean? What version of waas are you using? How much memory? Are you using a sysprep image? What firmware do you have on the devices?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App