Views
Helpful
Replies

%WCCP-1-SERVICELOST

adamcrabb
Level 4
Level 4

Every few days I get 10-15 of the following message in my WAN router logs:

"%WCCP-1-SERVICELOST: Service 62 lost on WCCP client 10.201.100.20".

It does this for service 61 and service 62 at the same time. Typically, the logs last about 5 minutes. During this time the WAE is not pingable. Eventually, you get a service 61/62 aquired message. The WAE keeps its uptime, so I know it's not rebooting.

Anyone ever seen this before. I've got a TAC case open.

7 Replies 7

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of IOS and WAAS are you running? Also what are your wccp configs on both the router and WAE?

That might give us some clues as to what to look for.

Dan

2-7206(NPE-400)WAN routers running 12.4(21a) mainline. 2-612WAE core devices running 4.1.1c. 9 remote sites with WAE-511 or 512.

Potential for asymmetrical routing so using negotiated return with a router-list of both WAN routers in each WAE.

wccp router-list 1 x.x.x.5 x.x.x.6

wccp tcp-promiscuous router-list-num 1

wccp version 2

egress-method negotiated-return intercept-method wccp

craig.robbins
Level 1
Level 1

We see this same error daily. We are running WCCPv2 doing layer 2 redirection on a pair of 3750Gs to a pair of Bluecoat proxies.....IOS version 122-46.SE.

Are you running HSRP between the two 3750g's? Have you adjusted your arp timers or mac-timers so that the arp timeout is equal or less than the mac-timeout? That is where I am leaning on my end.

Yes, I'm running HSRP between them and no, I haven't adjusted any timers. I'll try that. Thanks. Did that work for you?

I have not fixed the issue yet. Im running through the troubleshooting exercises. It remains as an option. At the same time as the router loses connectivity via WCCP our network pinger reports the device unreacheable. This all happens for about 5 minutes at a time. Check the link for more info about HSRP and MAC/ARP timers (see case study #8 on the link). http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094afd.shtml#t8

I'm not making any official recommendations. Just sharing my findings.

Understood. thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: