cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP OPERATION WHEN ONE SIDE FAIL

thiago.tomen
Level 1
Level 1

When I have the WCCP worked in my seat and my branch if the waas server-seat will fall, the connections affiliate will crash or need some additional configuration manager in central bypass to occur for him to see that this does not being implemented at headquarters         ?         

3 Replies 3

Felix Arrieta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

The connections will be marked as PT ( pass-through), so applications don't crash, they just go without optimization. Still be carefull and watch up for WCCP best practices.

Regards,

Felix

the PT is a consequence of something else not working.. on our case is because one WAE device failed or WCCP failed on one side.. so do not get confuse about the term PT.. because it is not a failure prevention state or anything like automatic or set up.. .. it is just saying that the redirected traffic is coming without WAAS packet options on it ( WAAS devices mark TCP packets with the option 0x21. This marking allows the WAAS devices to know if there is another WAAS device on the other end of the WAN connection)

so one would guess that there is something wrong from the source traffic ( data center) .. but it could mean other things, for example  a firewall in between dropping option 21.

the following can be helpful too:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-21885

please rate helpful posts so other people seeking for the same matter find these answers as well.

Regards,