cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP suppport with CatOS

smithm228
Level 1
Level 1

I am beginning an implementation of a 7305 content engine. There are 2 6509's running CatOS. Does CatOS support WCCP? Is there a specific version of CatOS I need to run?

Thank you in advance

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hybrid is fine. Personally, I prefer hybrid, unless you're using the 6509 like one big router (every port is routed).

~Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

seilsz
Level 4
Level 4

Mike,

WCCP is an IOS feature; although some work has been done to perform hardware forwarding of WCCP redirected traffic in the 6500/7600 platforms. More information is available here:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/732/Tech/switching/wccp/docs/WCCP_Implementation.pdf

So ... if you don't have a MSFC in your 6509's, they won't interfere with WCCP. If you do have a MSFC, you can use it to switch your WCCP redirected traffic in the hardware path.

~Zach

Zach,

Thanks for the information...very useful. It looks like I will be able to implement the WCCP on my 6509 MSFC2 without having to migrate to IOS. I am currently in Hybrid mode running v6.3(3) on the L2 and 12.1.11b-e4 on L3. Can you tell me a compelling reason to upgrade to IOS? Is CEF supported in Hybrid mode?

Thank you again

Mike

Hybrid is fine. Personally, I prefer hybrid, unless you're using the 6509 like one big router (every port is routed).

~Zach