cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is difference between WCCP Group 61 and 62? Is Group 61 redirect in put in WAN side and Group 62 put in LAN side?

BoazLau002
Level 1
Level 1

As captioned, I would like to clarify the difference between WCCP Group 61 and 62? Are they proprietary defined as group 61 towards WAN side and Group 62 towards customer LAN side?

Since, I cannot search on web which group no. refer to which service, do anyone has such information? Any table to show the group no. assignment for different service?

2 Replies 2

Hi ,

Basically WCCP 61 Group is for the source ip address and WCCP 62 is for the destination IP address. 

So usually the WCCP 61 redirect list should be applied closes to LAN interface and WCCP 62 is closes to WAN interface. But you can change the WCCP redirect list as you need by change redirect in/out statement.

Regards,

Bala

Hi,

Basically this has to do with load balancing between WAAS devices (WAEs)

So if you only have one WAE, the group-id chosen is more or less irrelevant (as long as it's 61 or 62).

If you have more than one WAE at a location, you migth want to consider the load balancing criteria :

As Bala writes, load balancing on group ID 61 is based on source IP address, and on group 62 it's on destinations IP-address.

So at a "datacenter" you can use either :

group-id 61 on WAN - if you want a specific client to always be redirected to the same WAE

group-id 62 on WAN - if you want traffic destined for the same server, to always hit the same WAE

it really depends on what you want and where you expect the higest DRE hit rate.

And at the branch (if you have more than one WAE there) :

group-id 61 on WAN - if you want traffic from a specific server to always hit the same WAE

group-id 62 on WAN - if you want traffic to a specific client to always hit the same WAE

So it really depends what you want to gain ... and of course ýour traffic patterns.

My personal favour is to always have load balancing done based on server IP addresses.

So in datacenter I prefer to have  : - 61 on LAN and 62 on WAN

And in Branch the other way around : - 62 on LAN and 61 on WAN

But really ... it depends.

best regards

Finn Poulsen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: