cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the correct device to use for content/application routing/switching?

Matthew Crane
Level 1
Level 1

We currently have 2 data centres and traffic from anywhere is sent from our customers to a Windows cluster IP and TCP port number. Its old and unreliable and unwieldy.

What i am looking for is a device that sits one network hop up from our 2 data centres that can support our internet facing IP address and make routing decisions based on a combination of source/destination address and source/destination port as to which data centre and ultimately which server the traffic is forwarded to. This will then allow me to direct all traffic to one DC whilst hardware in the other is upgraded.

In the old days I would have looked at things like ACE or even CSS but those are gone or going and there does not seem to be a clear replacement path with Cisco unless someone knows different.

Thanks in anticipation of replies

1 Reply 1

Hi Matthew, the load balancing that was with the CIsco ACE has been reintegrated into the IOS of most ISR routers now a days. This would be the type of appliance you would be looking into to direct and control the traffic from the 2 data centers. so I can give you a recommendation on the best appliance to look into please send me an email at fguasque@cisco.com

Regards,

Ferdz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: