Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the maximum bandwidth a WAE-7326 will support

We are increasing the bandwidth of our head office WAN link from 8 Mbps frame relay to a 20 Mbps ethernet connection, this connection goes into a service provider MPLS cloud for our network.

My question is increasing the speed of the WAN link to 20Mbps will that have any effect on the operation of the WAE-7326?, will latency become a problem? what is the maximum bandwidth environment that a WAAS box can exist in and continue to work well?

Note our WAAS operate in one arm mode NOT inline.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I did some checking and here are the recommended # of TCP and Bandwidth for your box - WCCP or Inline deployment does

n't matter. Keep in mind these are general guidelines and some environments must be different but this will keep you close.

WAAS 4.1.3 (Cisco EOL'd the 7326 after 4.1.3 release)

Max # of TCP Connections - 5000

Max BW on WAN - Unoptimized - 155Mbps

Max Optimized Throughput - 450Mbps

Core Fan out - 672

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mlouis
Level 1
Level 1

You will be fine with the 7326. That's a large box for a 8Mbps circuit and 20Mbps will be no problem for it to support. The 674 supports 40-50Mbps and 6000 TCP connections and its a smaller box. I believe that model is rated up to a couple hundred megabits per second.

I did some checking and here are the recommended # of TCP and Bandwidth for your box - WCCP or Inline deployment does

n't matter. Keep in mind these are general guidelines and some environments must be different but this will keep you close.

WAAS 4.1.3 (Cisco EOL'd the 7326 after 4.1.3 release)

Max # of TCP Connections - 5000

Max BW on WAN - Unoptimized - 155Mbps

Max Optimized Throughput - 450Mbps

Core Fan out - 672

thanks for your response, where did you get the information from?