Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Vidhi Mujumdar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN) is a Cisco IOS/IOS-XE Software solution for building scalable IPsec Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). Cisco DMVPN uses a centralized architecture to provide easier implementation and management for deployments that require granular access controls for diverse user communities, including mobile workers, telecommuters, and extranet users. Cisco DMVPN allows branch locations to communicate directly with each other over the public or private WAN or Internet but doesn't require a permanent VPN connection between sites. It enables zero-touch deployment of IPsec VPNs and improves network performance by reducing latency and jitter, while optimizing head office bandwidth utilization.  This session will provide some insight into the base components involved in DMVPN and the different phases of deployment (hub-spoke model v. dynamic full mesh). It will focus on the layered troubleshooting approach required when working on DMVPN-related network issues and how it can be used to troubleshoot commonly seen problems in the field.

Ask questions from Tuesday June 7 to June 17, 2016

Featured Experts

Frank DeNofa has been a Customer Support Engineer in the Technical Assistance Center VPN team in RTP since 2013. He has expertise in VPN technologies with a focus on site-to-site VPN solutions such as DMVPN, GETVPN, and FlexVPN. Frank holds a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Networking and Systems Administration with a focus on routing and security from Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY. His non-networking interests include hockey, CrossFit, and cooking.

Hamzah Kardame has been a Customer Support Engineer in the Technical Assistance Center Security team at Cisco since 2010. His area of expertise lies in the VPN space on both IOS/IOS-XE based platforms as well as on ASAs, focusing on VPN solutions such as DMVPN, GETVPN and FlexVPN, in addition to Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). He holds a CCIE certification in Security (#35596). Hamzah graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and Communication from PESIT at Bangalore, India. His other areas of interest include reading, soccer and traveling.

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/events.

** Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/events ">https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/events.

We look forward to your participation. This event is open to all, including partners. Please Share this event in your social channels. Have a technical question? Get answers here before opening a TAC case by visiting the Cisco Support Community.

Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert 

1 Comment
epobee001
Level 1
Level 1

Folks i need your expert advice. 

I have two ASA's  5515 with firepower and 5520. 

I realized the software version on the ASA 5515 is higher than that of the 5520. 

I have configured a site to site VPN on these two firewalls however the VPN is not connecting,  and when i reboot the ASA5515 VPN connect for a few seconds then goes down again. 

can the software version difference be a reason for this problem?

and is there a way around this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: