cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Administration/Credential Management

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

The Administration/Credential Management page is illogical.  I would expect to be able to edit passwords here.  That you pre-populate devices like WAP371s with cisco/cisco and then don't allow us to change them here feels strange.  I've tried removing the 3 WAP371s we have and entering proper credentials in the Add New Credentials but it never applies them to the WAPs.  It does apply them to our SG300-10P units.

8 Replies 8

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ok, I think there is probably one very specific issue that might be causing confusion, and this is likely something that was introduced very recently, which would be why we haven't cleaned it up yet. I'll have to check with engineering or do some tests, but here is what I think is happening:

Right now, the WAP371s you have are not running firmware that supports RESTCONF, so there is no use for the username/password combination. Up until very recently, we did not even show a username/password credential as an option for the WAP unless you were running firmware that supported RESTCONF. But we changed that not long ago, because it was too hard to keep up with the change in the WAP beta build versions. So I think you are being prompted for credentials that will always fail because the underlying API isn't there.

So I think there are actually two separate issues here:

1. The UI indicates that a username & password is required for the WAP when actually it isn't. This will not be the case at release because we will have validation in place to only request those credentials if needed.

2. The saved credential lists shows cisco/cisco as being saved for the WAP. I'm guessing you are seeing this, though I haven't tested it yet with a non-RESTCONF WAP. Anyway, if you are seeing this, then this really is a bug, because we should only store a credential that has been used successfully on this device at least once in the past.

Does all of that make sense? And if these two issues were addressed, would the workflow now make sense, or is there other areas in here that need attention?

Cheers,

Dave.

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

BTW, I "think" the cisco/cisco username/pwd combination are "OK" by showing a green check mark next to them.  They're definitely not correct.

That definitely shouldn't happen.  I don't suppose you could post a screenshot of this?

Cheers,

Dave.

Attached.

In the table above, are you seeing a green tick for the WAPs?  I assume not - or at least, not against the username/password credential.

I have green checks all the way down.  See attachment.

Ok. I suspect this is a bug.  Let me try and reproduce it here.

Is there any chance you had the agent running when you first connected the WAPs, and before you changed the configuration at all?

Cheers,

Dave.

Ok, it looks like I can reproduce the same behaviour here.  Leave it with me and we'll figure it out.

Cheers,

Dave.