Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot Right click for update TBA

pingpetchged
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I tried to update the TBA by right click but nothing happens. I dont see any menu show up. at first I used Google Crome and the second time i used IE but the result were same.

do you guys know what wrong ?

Ping Petchged

16 Replies 16

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Google Chrome is a known issue for us at the moment, including the dev and beta channel versions, and we aren't officially supporting it for the purposes of this trial (although I'm using it to write this).  Which version of IE were you using?

-mike

Hi Mike;

im using IE7

Thanks Ping.  I just tried in IE7 (on XP), and on mine I can both right-click and double-click the TBA to edit the device.  As this is a Flash movie, I expect right-click to always draw some menu (Adobe's default menu, plus we add Edit Device at the top).  Can you please visit http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html and let us know which version of Flash player you are using?  Perhaps we aren't properly blocking older 9.x.x versions as we should be doing.

-mike

Hi Mike

The flash version is 10 and i use Windows 2008 to access to the TBA

for more information. I was able to dubble-click on the device with no issues but cannot right click.

Thanks Ping.  We'll try to get a lab set up with Windows Server 2008 and IE7 and Flash Player 10.0.22 early next week and see if we can replicate the problem. 

Another question, were you sitting at the console of this Windows 2008 Server, or accessing it through RDP or other terminal service?

-mike

I access to this server by using Ubuntu Terminal server client.

Ok, thanks.  If you can try it directly from the console and it works then this is an issue or interaction with the Ubuntu TS client, and we probably don't need to try to debug that corner-case for the purposes of this trial.  If it still doesn't work directly from the machine then please let us know and we'll set up a lab to investigate further.

-mike

Hi Mike;

I was able to right click now but I don't see the Upgrade Firmware botton. I saw the Edit device

Select Edit Device to open the main device control screen. You will see Firmware update under "Actions".

Thanks,

Marcos

HI Marcos;

I checked on the action menu too but I dont see the upgrade ,I have Make root device ,Reboot and Deactivate site. I think the box is already upgraded its firmware since I was able to put (.) on device name now.

Thanks

Ping Petchged

Same here, no update for TBA available.

The TBA updates are automatically installed during the nightly maintenance period.  The latest one came out yesterday evening, so if your maintenance period is set normally (early in the AM), it will have updated already.  The firmware upgrade option is only offered when the TBA is down-rev, in which case it should be glowing yellow like other devices detected to be down-rev.

HI Andrew;

the TBA on my site still glowing yellow . can you tell me what is new version of the software now so I can check.

Ping petchged

Can you tell us the version of the firmware we should have?  Mine is 12.308 and glowing nice and green constantly.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: