Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco anyconnect client

Hi

I have tried to connect with android, ipad cisco anyconnect application and connects,give me welcome popup.. And later shows me "thereis no licences on this hw to use cisco anyconnect"

Any way to test or activate this licences in order to test?

Br

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Alberto,

When you create the IPSec Remote Access Group, make sure you select the radio to enable Remote Access.  It's on the same page you created the IPSec Remote Access Group at the top.  Once you create a user, make sure you configure a Group that has Cisco IPSec enabled and set the user as a member. 

Is your DSM router forwarding udp 500 and 4500?

Thanks,

Brandon

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Hi Alberto,

In this initial release we do not support AnyConnect on mobile devices such as Android or Apple's iOS devices.  We do, however, support the IPSec client on these devices.

Unfortunately, when the mobile client fails to connect like this it indicates a license error.

Hope this helps....

Chris

P.S.  Were you just trying this out or is there a particular advantage to you in using AnyConnect over IPSec on mobile clients?

Message was edited by: Christopher Edgeworth

Hi Christopher

Just was testing. I wanted to test Anyconnect application during past, but no device soporting that.

So is there a way to use anyconnect with ipsec on ISA 570 and this will work? What i have to config  ? Anyconnect seems to detect automatically?

How to configure that on ISA 570? Any help or manual where to go?

BR

Hi again

I have tried to activate, but on ipad i get.

Server is not responding? Did i forget to activate ipsect anywhere?

Hi Alberto,

The AnyConnect 3.0 client uses IKEv2 for IPSec and doesn't support IKEv1.  I can double-check, but I believe the ISA500 currently only supports IKEv1.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi,

It looks like the ISA500 only supports IKEv1 at this time.  We do have plans to add support for IKEv2 eventually.  You should be able to connect with IPSec clients that support IKEv1, including the built-in IPSec client in Apple iOS.

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon

I have tested but i get no server response when connecting with ipad.

Any idea where to check if ip sec functionality is working fine?

I have only to create user and is activated by default?

I have ISA 570 under DMZ on a Zyxel 870 VDSL router

Best Regards

Hi Alberto,

When you create the IPSec Remote Access Group, make sure you select the radio to enable Remote Access.  It's on the same page you created the IPSec Remote Access Group at the top.  Once you create a user, make sure you configure a Group that has Cisco IPSec enabled and set the user as a member. 

Is your DSM router forwarding udp 500 and 4500?

Thanks,

Brandon

Hi Brandon it worked

But no ability to use ipsec on android phones.. it seems to not be supported?

Any plan to support anyconnect application on that cases?

BR

Hi Alberto,

That's good to hear it's working for you on the ipad.  We are working on being able to connect with Android phones.  It's somewhat different as Android phones don't have a pure IPSec client like in Apple iOS.

Thanks,

Brandon 

Hi there,

I actually tested the AnyConnect app for the Android with the latest isa firmware v0.5.4 today and all seems to go really well including receiving the certificate, displaying the login banner, etc. until I receive an error stating: "The required license for this type of VPN client is not available on the headend device.  Please contact your network administrator."

So it would seem that this WOULD work, however for some reason we don't have licensing for it on the device.  Can you confirm?  Thanks!

Hi,

That is correct.  At this time, we don't support AnyConnect on Mobile devices.  That is why you see the license error.

Thanks,

Brandon

About to that, im trying to connect to ISA from my christmas holiday location (dad home).
Here im able to connect to ISA with ipad fine, but using Cisco Anyconnect for Windows (Version on this forum for ISA) i get splash screen, enter user and password, and later an error about cant connect is showed.

If i connect with CISCO VPN Client i get no routes to my network and no able to navigate?

Is there any special configuration for that apps? Its the first time i try from remote location.

Hi Alberto,

Are these the same issues you mentioned in the separate thread?  If so, I will investigate this and respond on the other thread.

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: