Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices Not Showing Up In Credential Manager

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

Is there anyway I can force the system to add a device in credential manager?

As it stands I can only see the switch and TT-AP-2, but not TT-AP-1, however TT-AP-1 is showing up in the discovery topology, but with no devices associated to it (As per previous post).

I suspect it has something to do with the reason why two (2) virtual L2N's are showing, so there might be a deeper meaning to why this is playing up.

This time round I have included with the screen shot, the "Show Tech" diagnostic dump, which I hope it helps.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
4 Replies 4

chucui
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

From the ShowTech, I can't see the configuration of TT-AP-1 was exported, so I guess it is because the FindIT controller can't connect to TT-AP-1 through RESTCONF, and it also can't read associated clients information from TT-AP-1, then FindIT doesn't know connection relationship between TT-AP-1/WiFI clients and switch port.

So can you do me a favour for 2 things.

1. Reboot TT-AP-1 and refresh topology to see what will happen.

2. Navigate to Administration->Log Setting, please choose "debug" level, select All and then uncheck "NetConf", export ShowTech again to us.

But I can't explain why TT-AP-1 is not in credential check list, I need to double check the logic when TT-AP-1 is identified as a WAP but not accessible. 

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

I followed your instructions to the letter, here is the attached debug file.

I rebooted the AP and yeah things went a little pear shaped, for some reason it sent the other WAP-371 into a rebooting frenzy for about an hour, and TT-AP-1 would not boot up properly, so I disconnected them from PoE let them sit for 20 minutes and then plugged them back in, and things come back to life.

Discovery still showing odd things though.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Dave,

I think you encountered multiple bugs here.

1. Identified TT-AP-1 as a host in Topo but treat it as WAP correctly in inventory list.

2. In ShowTech.

a. Exported topology in a wrong way (some hosts connected to both APs, but actually they didn't)

b. Showed wrong icon for WiFi client

3. Can't export log correctly, second log file includes less info than first one.

4. Can't show TT-AP-1 in credential checking list

5. WAP371‘s restconf function doesn't work after run a period of time (This is known issue)

We will verify those and fix them in next drop soon. 

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian,

Sorry for the late reply I was having issue with my Cisco login and it took the support team a few attempts to get me back up and running.

I have found what I think might be a couple more bugs, but I am still qualifying that, so I will report back on that once I have proofed it further.

Thank you for your hard work that you and your team are doing on this, I have no doubt that from your efforts a brilliant system will come out of this.

Cheers,

David.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: