Views
Helpful
Replies

Discovery/Topology Structure Not Right

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

Dave Harper is aware of this one, but will put this up just for process sake.

Basically as per the screen shots, everything is joined in the topology structure, I believe this to be a bug, and maybe something to consider looking into.

Network is not complex and consists of the following:

• 1X Cisco 887G Router (Standard configuration nothing fancy with basic ACL's)
  • 1X Cisco SG-300 - Again standard configuration, nothing fancy running on it
  • 2X AP371's operating in cluster mode, with .251 as primary manager in the cluster

I don't think it effects the operation of the AP's and think it is cosmetics, but it could have a deeper issue behind it that I am just not seeing.

Cheers,

David.

[EDIT] I should also point out that it is not counting correctly the amount of connected devices in this topology view, it should be 18 connected Wireless Lan Clients, other parts of the system reports it right, just not this topology view.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
9 Replies 9

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For the benefit of engineering, when Dave showed me this issue, the display did not match the associated device tables in each of the two APs.  Each device was only listed in one AP's table.

Hi Dave,

I don't know what is going on, but with all the testing and bug finding I have been doing today, something finally gave on the topology view, and it now looks like this.

However I know for a fact it is still not right, I have in fact 27 connected wireless devices on the network now (Yes kids are home) but it is still only reporting 7.

I think I broke FindIT.... And I think I broke it real bad :-/

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Can you grab screenshots of the Associated Devices tables from each WAP (Found under Status & Statistics).  The topology should really just be reflecting that data, though I'm sure it's not in this case.  But it would be good to have that data to help with troubleshooting.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave,

Screen Shots attached of the current topology view + both AP's

I have shut down some devices so as to not create more problems whilst testing, I should be down to about 20 connected wireless devices.

Cheers,

David.

Ok, looking at those tables, I see 17 devices, two of which are associated with both APs (i.e. they have just roamed).  Clearly that doesn't match the topology, so again, I'll ask engineering to chime in here with the next steps.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave,

Can you please check if device TT-AP-1 is upgraded to the firmware version that supported RESTCONF? looks FindIT can't read associated devices list on that AP.

Thanks,
Brian

chucui
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Or it is better to export logs for us by executing "logread > log.txt" in openwrt console.

We already supported the syslog exporting in Show Tech in next drop.

Thanks,

Brian

From what Dave has been telling me in the other threads, both WAPs are running the restconf firmware.

ok, a fresh log will help to see what have been returned from RESTCONF API for that particular device.

Thanks,
Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: