Views
Helpful
Replies

finally, .30 installed info

jmoilanen
Level 1
Level 1

30 firmware.

During setup wizard it still has the issue with setting up wifi password. Same issue I mentioned before.

status/dashboard still is slow to update wan info.

status/system summary has no wan ip info. says connection time not yet available and connection state not yet connected even though i am.

still can't input wan dns numbers on wan settings page.

wifi signal strength is not great.

PS3 has lost wifi connection a few times with 180w router and has even had errors shown in the wifi status page of the 180w on previous firmware.

please wait, page being loaded still happens when going to different pages in the 180w firmware.

no internet connection now. when doing test connection on ps3 it got ip from router, but internet connection failed. so i reset power again on router. now waiting for router to come back up. ok, router up and reconnecting ps3 to router. works ok now.

wan ip info updated now.

status/dashboard. show panel view. wan and lan port doesn't pop up stats window when you click on them. it did on 110w router.

networking/lan local network. ipv4 lan local network. Next to input boxes are like greyed out looking info telling you what you can put in the boxes. Like under dhcp, starting ip address. To the right of the box it says (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). Those should be a different color maybe. Because right now they look greyed out, like unavailable. So maybe give them a darker color. This goes for all similar type info in all pages of the router firmware.

Status/Dashboard. Syslog summary. It says Error 1. Warning 88. When you click on the numbers it takes you to the Status/View logs page. However it doesn't show the info.

Stil need ability to enable static dhcp via my previous mention of this. Like on networking/static dhcp page etc.

still should have the port stats simplified view as mentioned before.

status/available local network hosts.

type says static for some listed. one says dynamic. this is confusing and could use a nice face lift. like nothing is static, so im not sure why it shows static.

Networking/Routing/Routing table.

there is a display button. Why not just display the info? No need for a button in my opinion.

Firewall/url blocking.

Added 3 blocked keywords for testing purposes. Clicked save. Said please wait for quite a while before it finally saved the settings. Should be much faster/instant like. Be nice if there was this keyword, but also url block. Or have info on this page to say either keyword or url will work if they both will.

url blocking. It would be nice to have just an enable all instead of having to manually individually click the check box then click the status check box to enable each url/keyword, specially with tons of keywords for some users. This doesn't make sense because nothing tells the user what to do to enable.

I click save in url blocking and it saves. But when I try to go to another page it says, Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? Your changes will not be saved. I already saved them. Click ok and you go to another page. Go back to the url blocking page and the settings are saved. If you don't touch anything, but try to go to another page, it still tells you your settings won't be saved.

Under dmz host it would be nice if the page shows you your lan connected devices. Then allow you to click on what you want to put in dmz. Like it says ip address, instead of that, list all lan connected devices and then have an enable check box next to it. Uncheck it to disable. It would show you device name and ip. Also it'd be nice to include make static dhcp on this page if you want to set up something for dmz and have not yet made it static dhcp. Not making you go back to the page to set it for static dhcp. You can do it right here. Make it much much easier and awesome I think.

Firewall/Advanced Settings/IP/MAC Binding.

It would be nice to list connected devices. Same reasoning as I talk about for static dhcp and ease of use, knowing what is connected instead of looking it up manually. But also it is nice to have the ability to manually input the info since maybe a user has a nic in their hand and will just use its mac address then put into a machine later.

Security/Captive Portal/Captive Portal Users.

Be nice to list macc address/device name. So you can bind a user to a certain machine.

3 Replies 3

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Joe,

Thanks for the list. I'll get back to you on each item.

Don

Joe, as usual your observation and finding are right on target. I've reported and sent your suggestion to the team. These enhancements might not be implemented immediately ( due to other priority,i.e. bugs!) but sure will be addressed soon and appropriately.

Thanks!

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

During setup wizard it still has the issue with setting up wifi password. Same issue I mentioned before.

- Agree! Setup wizard's still checking for tougher restriction. But I think the wifi security had relax the rule. Would you check the wifi security page again.

status/dashboard still is slow to update wan info.

- Yes, still is.

status/system summary has no wan ip info. says connection time not yet available and connection state not yet connected even though i am.

- It should have WAN ip info in summary page. Please check again and get me a screenshot.

still can't input wan dns numbers on wan settings page.

- Still working progress

wifi signal strength is not great.

PS3 has lost wifi connection a few times with 180w router and has even had errors shown in the wifi status page of the 180w on previous firmware.

- Under investigation.

please wait, page being loaded still happens when going to different pages in the 180w firmware.

>I'm not quite understand. Please elaborate.

no internet connection now. when doing test connection on ps3 it got ip from router, but internet connection failed. so i reset power again on router. now waiting for router to come back up. ok, router up and reconnecting ps3 to router. works ok now. wan ip info updated now.

- There is still problem of physicall ethernet port. Still a working progress.

status/dashboard. show panel view. wan and lan port doesn't pop up stats window when you click on them. it did on 110w router.

- It worked when I tried. Please check again and let me know.

networking/lan local network. ipv4 lan local network. Next to input boxes are like greyed out looking info telling you what you can put in the boxes. Like under dhcp, starting ip address. To the right of the box it says (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). Those should be a different color maybe. Because right now they look greyed out, like unavailable. So maybe give them a darker color. This goes for all similar type info in all pages of the router firmware.

- Please provide me w/ screenshot. It look ok to me. Perhaps different browser type? I used FFox.

Status/Dashboard. Syslog summary. It says Error 1. Warning 88. When you click on the numbers it takes you to the Status/View logs page. However it doesn't show the info.

- Please check again. I saw mine.

Stil need ability to enable static dhcp via my previous mention of this. Like on networking/static dhcp page etc.

- Agree. I send your recommendation to the team.

still should have the port stats simplified view as mentioned before.

- Agree. I send your recommendation to the team.

status/available local network hosts.

type says static for some listed. one says dynamic. this is confusing and could use a nice face lift. like nothing is static, so im not sure why it shows static.

- I think there's still bug in this area. A client only showed "static" if it is statically assigned itself a static IP.

Networking/Routing/Routing table.

there is a display button. Why not just display the info? No need for a button in my opinion.

- There are 2 tables to be displayed: ipv4 and ipv6. Since you didnt turn on IPv6 mode and thus you've seen only 1.

Firewall/url blocking.

Added 3 blocked keywords for testing purposes. Clicked save. Said please wait for quite a while before it finally saved the settings. Should be much faster/instant like. Be nice if there was this keyword, but also url block. Or have info on this page to say either keyword or url will work if they both will.

- Agree. It's still rather slow. Will recommend to include example of both URL and keywords.

url blocking. It would be nice to have just an enable all instead of having to manually individually click the check box then click the status check box to enable each url/keyword, specially with tons of keywords for some users. This doesn't make sense because nothing tells the user what to do to enable.

- Agree. Will send your recommendation.

I click save in url blocking and it saves. But when I try to go to another page it says, Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page? Your changes will not be saved. I already saved them. Click ok and you go to another page. Go back to the url blocking page and the settings are saved. If you don't touch anything, but try to go to another page, it still tells you your settings won't be saved.

- This must be a bug. Will report.

Under dmz host it would be nice if the page shows you your lan connected devices. Then allow you to click on what you want to put in dmz. Like it says ip address, instead of that, list all lan connected devices and then have an enable check box next to it. Uncheck it to disable. It would show you device name and ip. Also it'd be nice to include make static dhcp on this page if you want to set up something for dmz and have not yet made it static dhcp. Not making you go back to the page to set it for static dhcp. You can do it right here. Make it much much easier and awesome I think.

- Good idea. Will send your recommendation to the team.

Firewall/Advanced Settings/IP/MAC Binding.

It would be nice to list connected devices. Same reasoning as I talk about for static dhcp and ease of use, knowing what is connected instead of looking it up manually. But also it is nice to have the ability to manually input the info since maybe a user has a nic in their hand and will just use its mac address then put into a machine later.

Security/Captive Portal/Captive Portal Users.

Be nice to list macc address/device name. So you can bind a user to a certain machine