Helpful
Replies

Hung ON100-K9

dcorley
Level 1
Level 1

cisco-onplus

VAR ID 1913

Customer ID 5651, USS Nautilus (SSN-571)

ON100-K9 (MAC 64:00:F1:20:D3:38) - this is a production-build ON100 from DNI, but marked "not for resale". Only thing outwardly unusual about the device is that it does not have final production plastic finish.

Over the past three weeks, I've seen three instances in which ON-100K9 "hangs". I've not recorded the state of the LEDs when each event occurred. I will next time, I've been able to remotely recover only by using a PLG1000 on the same LAN on onplusbeta, VAR ID 2584, customer ID 64391 - USS Hawkbill (SSN-666), accessed the ESW540-8P switch to which the ON100 is attached (and accepting POE) and re-booted the switch. The ON100 successfully re-booted and recovered after the switch re-booted.

My question: If the ON100 hang event recurs, what sort of information do you need to help troubleshoot? I'm happy to connect a USB key to collect diags and to host a diag load as required.

Thanks,

Dave

BTW, I'm using OnPlus reports to convince the ISP to pay attention to my complaints of frequent site internet outages.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Dave,

One thing we could try before software debugging is to put the unit on A/C power. This would unfortunately prevent your being able to remotely reset the unit by POE if it hangs again, but might be worth trying to see if the problem persists. I'm assuming that your POE switch is already protected by battery. Being an NFR unit, you may not have received a power adapter for the device. If so, just unicast me and I'll get one to you.

-mike

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Dave,

One thing we could try before software debugging is to put the unit on A/C power. This would unfortunately prevent your being able to remotely reset the unit by POE if it hangs again, but might be worth trying to see if the problem persists. I'm assuming that your POE switch is already protected by battery. Being an NFR unit, you may not have received a power adapter for the device. If so, just unicast me and I'll get one to you.

-mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: