Replies

IGMP snooping status

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi team

When i look at the operational state of IGMP snooping I see the following page;

igmp-1.JPG

Note it shows IGMP snooping operational status is disabled.

When i edit the VLAN1 parameters I see the following page;

igmp-2.JPG

what is the significance of  IGMP snooping operational status being disabled?

The help text mentions the following "Operational IGMP Snooping Status—Displays the current status of the IGMP Snooping for the selected VLAN. "

Considering this help text quote, it seems a contradiction exists  in this screen.

I have added the second screen shot as an attachement  so you can better see the screen capture. Point being IGMP snooping is enabled on the left side of the screen capture  and operational status is disabled.  I am just trying to understand the significance of operational status being disabled.  It sorta indicates that IGMP snooping isn't enabled on VLAN1. Sure seems like a false indication.

regards Dave

1 Reply 1

thomson77840
Level 1
Level 1

To me, the first screenshot shows that IGMP snooping is enabled at the top level, but you will have to individually enable it on a per VLAN basis.

i.e. if you uncheck this box, it will disable IGMP snooping for all VLANs, but if you check it, it may not necessarily enable it for all VLANs.

The "enable" checkbox in the second screenshot doesn't get applied until you press the apply button, so there should be no contradiction there.