Views
Helpful
Replies

Interest in RV220w Is Sparked!!

jay.johnson1
Level 1
Level 1

Don,

I mentioned in one of the forums Eric and I frequent that testing was over and the RV220w is out on the streets and available for purchase.  A few of the IOS guys (who will admit it) are interested and have a couple of questions regarding features we didn't test (per se) and I thought you might be able to shed a little light on it:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25397964-H-W-NEW-CISCO-RV220w-Network-Security-Firewall

Jay

Certified: CCNA (R/S, Security, Voice), CCDA, CCNP (R/S)
2 Replies 2

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Nice!  I see there is a UK model listed so i'm hoping that cisco will bring out a PPPoA support for the UK firmware along with 1-13 Channels!

Regards Simon

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Jay,

Thanks for creating buzz out there regarding this router. Since product has not officially released thus I can't directly answer questions in public domain. However I can answer here privately:

• SPI sessions, performance throughput : There are specific requirements for this but I did not observe personally and need to investigate further on this matter.
  • NAT Loopback - not available in current posted fw. It will be available in the next fw release. I'll post it here once available.
  • Support Jumbo frame - Yes
  • Support IPv6 and related features (6to4, AutoConfig, etc) - Yes
  • Support dual band (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) - Yes but *not* simultaneously.
  • Support VLAN - Up to 16 VLANs.

Also I got your VM that you're still having trouble w/ your SLM switch. Unfortunately EFT for (stackable) switching product is still a few months away and thus I don't have any to send to you.

Hi Simon,

I did raise the issue for supporting PPPoA. But last time I checked PPPoA is not supported and it's not in the work. Sorry .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: