Views
Helpful
Replies

IP pools for various VPN connections

lokibjensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

This may be a silly question but is there a reason why I cannot assign a DHCP range on the same subnet as the network I'm trying to connect with?  The reason I ask is that I do this currently with SonicWALL VPN's and it allows me to connect to devices that specifically require that the connecting device is on the same subnet.  Also, if I were trying to use proprietary discovery tools such as Crestron Toolbox I have to do it from the same subnet as well so this is a major issue for me.  Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Brandon Turpin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Typically, it is best practice to have your vpn address pool use a separate network and not use the same network as your LAN.  It looks like we are enforcing this.  I will check to see if this can be relaxed.

Thanks,

Brandon

Yes I agree that is the best practice.  However my primary market is large residential automation systems and yachts so the connecting people are the home owners, programmers, and my company.  The home owners wouldn't necessarily need to utilize the VPN on the same subnet but the programmers and ourselves do for the reasons I mentioned above.  I appreciate you guys looking into this.  Thanks!

Hi,

I heard back and we have a bug to address this. It appears this was working in earlier versions and should be addressed in an upcoming version.

Thank you for your feedback.

Brandon

hi

Is it solved?

I have this issue in 0.54

Best Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Alberto,

It sounds like this is fixed in 0.5.6. 

Thanks,

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: