Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

More feedback from Portal Users

Hi Marcos;

Beside the comments that I sent from the feedback and ported to the community site. The interface looks pretty good, very easy to use.

I have found more issues over the weekend

1.      We’ve installed the TBA on the other site and the TBA was able to find ESW540 and the AP so I went in to the first testing site and ran reset topology the TBA still cannot find the ESW540 and the AP

2.      On the device description portion I cannot put “,” the reason why I need to put “,”  for example if I have a server or network device that has multiple roles (for example AD,DNS,DFS,WSUS,DHCP) I cannot do it.

3.      I was not able to right click on network device form Firefox (from Ubuntu OS) this one might be the OS issues but I tried on Firefox from Windows side and it worked fine.

Best regards,

Ping Petchged

4 Replies 4

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On issue #1, are the devices on the same VLAN as the TBA?

Issue #2, we've fixed this so that you can add any characters to the host name or description.  Should appear in the trial shortly.

Issue #3, does double-clicking the device work for you?  We'll set up an Ubuntu lab and try to replicate this, can you provide the Ubuntu version (and 32/64 bit-ness) and which version of Firefox that right-click isn't working on?

-mike

Hi Mike;

1. The ESW and the AP are on the same VLAN with the TBA . those systems are plugged directly to the TBA as well.

2. I will try again

3. the dubble click works. for more information I use Ubuntu Desktop 9.04 64 Bit and Firefox 3.5.8

Ping Petchged

Hi Ping, just looking around quickly, I saw a thread where people were reporting right-click flash problems on various linux systems with Firefox:

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?locale=de&comments_parentId=194189&forumId=1

One person suggested that right-clicking for longer that 1 second seemed to work, others encourage disabling add-ons.

I'll try to build a lab tomorrow and confirm that I also see this issue with Ubuntu 9.04 64bit with Firefox 3.5.8 and 3.6.

-mike

Closing the loop here, we've identified and are testing a fix for the right-click not working in Linux Firefox (all versions of Linux and Firefox as far as I can tell).  This will also resolve issues that we've seen with mouse-events (left-click, double-click, right-click) in all OS versions of Chrome :) 

For the flash enthusiasts out there, wmode=transparent (or opaque) in the flash launcher from within an iframe can cause this.

-mike