Views
Helpful
Replies

New switch and can't download IOS

tmarkwell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just bought a new Cisco DS-C9124-K9 switch and it does not have the os on it, when i go to download the os I get an error saying "

Service Contract Required Close

Error To Download this software, you must have a valid service contract associated to your Cisco.com profile.
  If you do not have a service contract you can get one through:

• Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco

• Your Cisco Partner or Reseller
  Once you have the service contract you must associate your service contract to your Cisco.com user ID with Profile Manager

"

how do I fix this to get my expensive ass switch working XD

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AH, I forgot about the problem. anyway you will need cisco smartnet account or valid service contract are required for most items to be downloaded from cisco website. if you dont you have to  contact your Cisco Account team if you have a Direct Purchase Agreement or contact a Cisco Partner or Reseller to purchase a service agreement.

Regards

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

How did you know that it dosent have OS inside ??

What do you mean?

I just bought a new Cisco DS-C9124-K9 switch and it does not have the os on it

How did you check up the switch and found that it dosent have an OS inside it ? did you try to enter to device using consol for example and it didnt response to you ??

I could console in but it wouldn't boot it would give me an error saying the *image name here*.bin couldn't be found... I just need to download it and tftp in but I can't download the .bin 

Hi,

Chick this...

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/637/fn63752.html

Regards

that's not the problem the problem is I can't get the software off the Cisco website :(

I do appreciate the help though 

AH, I forgot about the problem. anyway you will need cisco smartnet account or valid service contract are required for most items to be downloaded from cisco website. if you dont you have to  contact your Cisco Account team if you have a Direct Purchase Agreement or contact a Cisco Partner or Reseller to purchase a service agreement.

Regards