cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No Disconnect button

rmcfarla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the Wan settings/status there is no way to disconnect the Wan link (i.e. Button). This is going to be a big problem because a lot of ISPs require that you disconnect the connection before allowing a new connection to be established.

As an example if you have a FIOS connection that is using DHCP, if you don’t disconnection (release the DHCP lease) then you have to wait 2+ hours for it to drop. Now if you can disconnect then you can then HDCP a new address immediately.

The same problem can happen for PPPOE and other connection methods. I think we need to add support for this before releasing this product.

5 Replies 5

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks Rowan. Your observation is well put.

There are "Release/Renew" buttons provided in the System Summary page. In addition, there's also enhanced cdets opened to provide "Connect/Disconnect" button in WAN page. The work is under way; hopefully we'll see these buttons in the next fw release.

Regards,

-ddiep

Don,

Maybe I have the wrong firmware version, I dont see any buttons on the System Summary page. I have checked with IE, Firefox and Chrome.

Maybe I dont have the latest firmware, I am using firmware version 0.0.28.1

Rowan

Here is a screen shot of what I see:

Rowan,

It's rather odd (if not amazing!) that the buttons are not there. See my screen shot below. 0.0.28.1 is the right fw.

I'm wondering perhaps due to certain setting, the buttons might just disappeared. If possible, please send me your running_config (via email, ddiep@cisco.com). I'll run it on my router and investigate further.

Btw, If anyone else is seeing same problem, please post it here.

Thanks,

-Don

Rowan,

Is your WAN type DHCP? Only DHCP has the Release / Renew buttons right now. Other WAN types such as PPPoE, PPTP, etc are in the works.

-Jackson

Jackson,

That explaines it, I am setup using PPPoE. Sounds like you guys are on top of the issue.

Thanks,

Rowan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: