Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
jay.johnson1
Beginner

One-To-One Nat

I was trying to open some ports to allow a PPTP vpn session and ran into a small issue trying to usine one-to-one nat (again, it may just be me trying to figure some things out).

Just thought I'd share with the group for clarification should I be approaching this wrong (see attached).

Jay

Certified: CCNA (R/S, Security, Voice), CCDA, CCNP (R/S)
6 REPLIES 6
linksysinfo
Enthusiast

Does the Help link (top right) give any indication?

Regards Simon

Jay,

"xx" is not recognizable as wildcard from this router. It's not as flexible as Cisco (IOS) router. Please try w/o the "xx".

Regards.

eric.stewart
Beginner

This router does one-to-one NAT only to the internal VLAN...ie: VLAN1.  Certainly this device should be able to do one-to-one NAT to *any* internal VLAN, expecially since the standard of separation of services indicates that internet-facing servers should be int their own part of the network and not co-located with user workstations.

So, a feature request:  Please change one-to-one NAT so that the inside IP address can be on any of the VLANs created on the RV220W.  This will greatly increase its application in a business.

> Please change one-to-one NAT so that the inside IP address can be on  any of the VLANs created on the RV220W.  This will greatly increase its  application in a business.

Eric/ Jay,

The issue above had been fixed in latest firmware 1.0.0.26. I just posted a latest fw (https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13863). Please try again and let me know if problem persists.

I've upgraded to the latest firmware and the issue is still there.  DMZ hosts can only be on VLAN 1, the default LAN on these devices.  I tried to add a host on IP address 192.168.99.130 (in my 192.168.99.128/25 DMZ VLAN) and it still tells me, "

IP Address must be in LAN subnet:192.168.0.9/255.255.255.0
Service: "

Eric,

My bad... I misunderstodd. I thougth the problem was in One-to-one NAT rule table, instead of 1-to-1 NAT services.

I will make recommendation to the team as you've suggested.

Regards,

This widget could not be displayed.