Views
Helpful
Replies

Open the Web UI - IE8 Unreliable, Often Gray Background Only

Kurt Schumacher
Level 1
Level 1

DUT: SG 200-08P C.9.2.2

Internet Explorer V8 - Up-todate, on Vista and Windows 7. Open the Wb UI very often leads to just a grey background,

First the blue fields seem to be set-up, then the grey background is drawn. Even after long waiting, the JavaScript does not reliably start and draw the full Web UI.

Interesting: Resizing the window size does refresh the content.

FIrefox is flawless.

-Kurt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kevin,

Gray background is a known problem and we're working to address this issue. I'm not security nor html expert but per developer indicated that this is due to new IE8 security enhancement which blocked  *frame* format. We (mostly developer) is working to find a work-around or somehow fix this issue.

Will keep you and other posted for any latest development on this issue.

Rgs,

Don

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Kurt,

I also saw the same (dark) gray displayed but only *once*. I'm trying to find a way to reproduce more consistently. If you happen to notice a pattern. please let me know.

Regards.

Just a simple and direct login - possibly desktop/browser system has some load, and on-load JS might be slower the expected. Resizing the browser is virtually immediately leading to a working refresh. No problems with any other Web UI or apps from the same client.

I experienced this same issues tonight.  Resizing also allowed the page to refresh and show up for me.

I am currently suspecting the same thing as Kurt in regards to cause: tonight my processor is under more load than it has been previously.  I will continue to watch for this to see if any clear cause shows up.

Kevin,

Gray background is a known problem and we're working to address this issue. I'm not security nor html expert but per developer indicated that this is due to new IE8 security enhancement which blocked  *frame* format. We (mostly developer) is working to find a work-around or somehow fix this issue.

Will keep you and other posted for any latest development on this issue.

Rgs,

Don

Hi Don,

...per developer indicated that this is due to new IE8 security enhancement which blocked  *frame* format.

If this would be caused by a securtiy enhancement, it would never work on IE8. Remember: Sometimes it works, and after rescaling the window view size temporarely, it is perfectly shown. Same after rescaling to the original view size again. Security nehancement? Nah, very unlikely... Poor JS design? Yep.

Can't understand why the Sx200 Web UI does not share the same code used on the Sx300 Series - mentioning ESW internally, so not unlikely we will see the same updated Web UI on the ESW, won't we?

-Kurt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: