cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Change // Initial Login

kspharler
Level 1
Level 1

There have been a couple of mentions of issues with the password already mentioned, but I did not see anything about my specific experience.

When I try to access the switch from a 'restored' state (after a firmware update, or if I choose to rest it back to default from within the GUI), I get prompted to change the password from the default.  I proceed, and upon submitting the change, the page acts as if it is processing the request.  However, it stays like this for an unreasonably long time (several minutes at least).  I closed the page and re-navigated to the address, where I was welcomed with the login screen, and my new password was in effect.

So it seems like it's working properly, but not conveniently moving on to something useful after the input.

This was done with Chrome (dev branch).

Message was edited by: Kevin Spharler: Added what browser I was using when I got these results.

4 Replies 4

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Kevin,

I'm not sure if this is Chrome or switch that's causing this behavior. We do not officially support Chrome for this model. Please also try IE or FFox if problem persisted and let me know.

Thanks.

I'll check that this evening and report back.

We do not officially support Chrome for this model.

Well, that makes a bad products reference. In fact, there are just minimal differences in todays browser rendering engines or the JavaScript implementation. If Chrome should fail, it's vey likely Safari does fail in some features, too.

There must not be any funky features prohibiting the usage on general browsers from the indudstry standard IE, FF, and Safari over the some more exotic but very popular Chrome and Opera, the minority players - plus also the mobile versions as on iPhone/iPad/Android.

Things behaved better in this regard when I tried it in Internet Explorer 8 (x86) (although the pop-up blocker gave me trouble).  IE8 certainly is rendering the pages much slower than other browsers, however.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: