Views
Helpful
Replies

PLG1000 / portal connectivity issues

rudydekeninck
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We've only stepped into the Thunderbolt trial program recently.  Due to late holidays and a logistical issue  I have only received the ESW-540 switch and the PLG1000 a couple of days ago.

We are based in Brussels, Belgium, CET +2 timezone. I notice that during local business hours, the https://adm.ciscovar.com portal is not reachable. Also, the PLG1000 keeps on telling that it cannot find the host when trying to install it.

Are there any other ip addresses I can try? 

I now have 173.37.195.221, but I've also seen .61 and .221 on the forum and the docs.

From the network it is connected I can plug in a pc and connect to the internet using the DHCP provided ip address and DNS servers....

Thanks in advance and best regards

Rudy

3 Replies 3

jamwyatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Rudy,

First, welcome to the trial!

Now, on to the fun. Do you know if 173.37.195.221 is pingable from your network? I am assuming it should be and that it might be a DNS type of error. If it is responding to pings, but DNS doesn't resolve it, then we start to wonder about the DNS servers you might be using. Are they DNS servers from the ISP or does your firm run its own DNS servers? If the DNS servers are suspect, might you be able to type using 4.2.2.2 and/or 8.8.8.8 for a test?

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Rudy,

ciscovar.com has had no downtime in recent months.  The correct IP is 173.37.195.221.  We do have a bogon list in the site filtering, so let me check if it is out of date.  Can you give me the IP address you are coming from?  Email afullfor@cisco.com if you don't want to make it public.

Thanks,

Andy

Actually, it doesn't look like the bogon filtering was the issue.  Although it was a little out-of-date, none of the recently released entries had any hits in the ACL.

Please send me your IP and I'll see if we have a return path to you.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: