cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port number labels

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

I don't remember this being discussed.  I was thinking yesterday that it'd be great to be able to either have the TBA detect which port a device is connected to on a managed switch (I'm not sure that's even possible) or to have the ability for admins to label that manually.  I'm thinking a box or circle on the end of each connecting line could hold this number.  That would make support easier if we needed to have a customer disconnect a device from a switch.  You'd have to have the ability to have a number at each end incase the connector was switch-to-switch or if a PC/server has more than one NIC.

2 Replies 2

I like this feature request. It enhances the topology information and it is technically feasible (on a supported switch at least), using CDP and CAM table scanning. I will add it to the list.

Thanks,

Marcos

Great idea. Might also be an interesting idea to look at integrating with popular cable management software/services.

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: