Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with USB stick

Marcos,

I was setting up our Thunderbolt appliance for our in-house use today and it looks like I have a bad USB stick.  I ended up using the USB stick from the 2nd appliance we have, but I’m going to need to get this bad one replaced.

When you plug it in, the diag LED on the appliance flashes rapidly.  I found a post on the community forum here –
https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2023735?tstart=0

I’m having exactly the same problem.  Just let me know what you need to get another USB stick out to me.  Thanks.

Roger Philyaw

5 Replies 5

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roger,

This has more times than not in the past turned out to be the fault of the APP1000 chassis rather than a bad USB key.  While you wait for Marcos to send you a replacement key, you might try giving an extra hard push to the existing key to see if you can get it to seat.  Another trial user had better luck by using a short USB extension cable between the APP1000 and the USB key.

-mike

Mike,

Thanks...I'll give that a try and let you know how it goes.

How did this go? Do I need to send you a new appliance or USB key?

Thanks a lot Roger.

Marcos

Marcos,

Yes, I need a new USB key...I tried reseating and tried the key in 2 different monitoring appliances with the same result.

Thanks.

Roger Philyaw

Systems Engineer

CHOICE I.T. Services

200 Trans Air Dr.

Suite 400

Morrisville, NC 27560

919-714-7586 direct

919-395-5545 cell

www.choiceitservices.com

We will process the RMA immediately.

Thanks,

Marcos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: