cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Right Click functionality throughout would be very helpful, and...

Brook Powers
Level 1
Level 1

Id like to see right click functionality implemented throughout the portal.

Especially on the Portal's Global Dashboard (over Customer Names - allowing me to update location and contact details without having to go through 6 menus and clicks).

That being said, I can envision how useful it would be to be able to click right into say the UC-540's CCA and configure everythign Cisco from a single interface. The web portal can be kept updated and maintained by Cisco so its always running the latest version and bugs are discovered and resolved without my ever having to download software updates or email Cisco about problems.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Brook, the usability will be improved over the next few releases. I have taken note on the right-click options.

Can you please elaborate more on the CCA comment?

Thanks,

Marcos

Brook,

Thanks for your feedback, we will take note.

Right-click is typically not a very good interaction for web sites. It makes sense to use it in certain instances, but as a universal control it's not generally recommended.

The rationale here is that most web browsers (or plug-ins like flash) will produce their own contextual menus when a right-click is performed. The web application menu would need to either integrate with the default menu where possible, attempt to suppress this menu and display their own, or open it's own secondary menu. Each of these options can be confusing.

That said, we have implemented a few right-click options when working with the topology of a customer. Topology is flash-based and the flash plugin allows developers to integrate in their menu.

We will definately keep this in mind though.

Thanks,

Michael