cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting Outbound CLI

mark.boyce
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to select outbound CLI for a call?

For example we have a customer who has the following set up;

- Fax Machine

- Shared Group for Sales

- Shared Group for Accounts

- DID / DDIs

- Operator

When the fax machine makes a call they'd like it to come from the fax's inbound number

When Sales or Accounts make a call they'd like it to come from the matching inbound number

When an individual makes a call they'd like the _option_ of it giving out that persons inbound number

Everyone / everything else should give out the default company number.

At the moment all people who respond to missed calls from the company will end up on the company default number not knowing which department rang them.

Thoughts?

9 Replies 9

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Mark,

As of now there are two scenarios. Outbound calls can be made with

FXO:

-  In this case, the Caller ID is dependent on the line. The Caller ID seen by the called will be the caller id of the line that is used.

SIP Trunk:

- The Caller ID will be what ever is chosen on the DID field in the SIP trunk.

Currently we do not have the ability to assign individual DIDs to users or shared grous on the UC320.

In which case can I get you to throw that on the feature request list please?  Without it the entire company must go out as the same phone number.  This is the norm on a FXO setup, but not on a small office PRI/BRI/SIP PBX.

Mark

Mark,

We have it in our feature list. This feature will be available for the next Major release targetted June to August 2011.

In addition phone users need the choice to suppress the CLI on a per call basis.

They receive calls let's say onnthew POTS line, but when they place calls they use the SIP provider but want to provide the CLI of the POTS, because that's the number they expect calls back.

Maybe an extra tick box on the outbound like selection setup?  So that dialling 9+Number goes out normally but 8+Number goes out withholding CLI?

Remember that many SIP Trunk providers may not support outbound cli suppression.

Mark

> We have it in our feature list. This feature will be available for the next Major release targetted June to August 2011.

Great news. Thanks.

mark

Navin,

Is there a way for the feature list to be posted?  It would be nice to know which features are on the roadmap.

Thanks,

Mario

Mario,

We dont have such a list yet. We are still working on the GA release. Once the GA release is out, we will have more details on whats coming up next.

Hi Navin,

I see you have said this is due for the next major release, but would like to add my voice to this as a priority forthe product, most users like to be able to have the option to present either Pilot or DDI on outbound calls, having it set as just a pilot I think is real limitation at this point.

Regards

Phil Moore