cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300's not accepting credentials

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

For a beta site we just installed 2 SG300-52's and the OnPlus Portal keeps telling me that the credentials were not valid when last tried.  We have an SG300-10P here and we get the same results.  Any thoughts?  I've even tried typing the username & password in notepad, then testing them by copying/pasting them into the Web GUI for the SG's and they work fine but when I copy/paste them into OnPlus they continue to say they're not valid.  I have Bonjour and CDP enabled on all the SGs.

Thanks...

10 Replies 10

Marc Bresniker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brian, happy new year. What version of firmware are you using on the switches? Did you review the tips and tricks page for the SG switches? There are some differences between ver 1.0 and 1.1.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17483

Some of the others may have some ideas.

-Marc

I've read the notes and these SGs are running the latest firmware, 1.1.2.0.  CDP is enabled.  I would then assume that I should just be able to enter the username & password in the Login Access field, right?

Hi Brian,

The SG300 driver has a few different credentials inputs that are possible they are documented in the user guide under the SG300.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/other_net_mgmt/onplus/portal/user_guide/onplus_portal_user_guide_v1_0.pdf

The basics are if you have SNMP enabled on the switch the driver will use SNMP v2 or v3 credentials. If you don’t have SNMP enabled you should be fine with the http credentials.

Regards,

Douglas Smith

They're not using SNMP and the HTTP credentials are not working according to the Portal, but they do work if the same credentials are copied/pasted out of notepad into both the HTTP GUI and the Portal.

Brian,

That’s bad news! I just did a few quick tests on our lab with plain text user/password on the 1.1.2.0 load using the 28P and 52 models with no issue. Does your username or password have special letters like !@#$%<> etc. ?

Regards,

Douglas Smith

Yes.  As an example, abcde12# or abcde1@# would not be an unusual password for us or our customers.  I'm happy to get you access to these SGs (via Webex if you think that'll help) or to give you the specific password if you'll e-mail me off-line.

Brian,

Thanks for the offer to use your environment however we have replicated the issue in our lab. I’ll get back to you with the limitations and workaround.

Regards,

Doug

Brian,

Our testing shows OnPlus has issue using " #, & " however the SG300 device has an issue with " + " so the net is these three will cause trouble for credentials. Fixes for both the SG300 driver and OnPlus are in the works.

Regards,

Doug

Are there any other known symbols that cause issues or can I replace the # with a % to keep the complexity level high?

Brian,

The following characters were tested  *()_-=[]{};':",.<>/?\|`~!$%^@

Regards,

Doug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: