Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared Extension issues on new installation

dcrotty25
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just completed an install and I'm having a few issues with inbound calls. They wanted to have a main line that rings all of the phones. To accomplish this I created a 2 line shared extension (200). This allows 4 phone calls to come in. For call routing during business hours the FXO is directed to 200. Each phone has the 200 lines listed. The call forward no answer is set to send the call to 0 (AA).

The first issue I'm having is when you call in there is a delay in ringing the Cisco phones. With their analog phones hooked up simultaneously, there is around 2 rings on them before the Cisco phones begin ringing.

The second issue is that once the Cisco phones start to ring they are only getting 2 rings before it is forwarded to AA. On the caller side there is 3 rings before going to AA.

The customer would like for it to ring 5-6 times before going to AA so I tried changing the global timeout up to 35 seconds, hoping to compensate for the delay in ringing. That didn't change the incoming rings no answer delay on the shared extension, only the normal extensions.

To summarise, I'm running into 2 issues:

1. Delay in ringing the shared line when call comes in on FXO
  2. Can't seem to set the call forward no answer timeout on shared extensions

Any help would be appreciated it.

- Daniel

4 Replies 4

mark.boyce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel

> The first issue I'm having is when you call in there is a delay in  ringing the Cisco phones.

> With their analog phones hooked up  simultaneously, there is around 2 rings on them

> before the Cisco phones  begin ringing.

If you mean that the analog phones are connected directly to the analog line on the FXO I'd guess the 2 ring delay is the UC320 waiting for the Caller ID to arrive.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for Answering that question for us.

Daniel

Answer  to  Question 1: Yes the phones are waiting for Caller ID before they  start ringing. In our next release the IP Phones will ring right away and  collect Caller ID on the fly. Our next release is due Mid December.

Answer to Question 2: The CFNA works just fine. I think it might be the nesting of Shared Extension within a hunt group that causing the problem. I would recommend that you create a blast group ( simultaneous ring group) with all 4 phones as members. That might be easier and will do the same thing. Please let us know if you have a problem with it.

Also make sure that you get your self to the latest firmware release 1.1.6

You can download the update from here

ciscosales.webex.com/meet/nalbert

Click on the link above and navigate to the Files Tab. You should be able to find the file under the root folder and download it  from there.

Navin Albert

Thanks for the replies.

For issue 2, i'm not nesting the shared extension into a hunt group. I have inbound calls scheduled to go to 200 (shared extension) during day hours and the AA at night. I've attached a couple of pics to show how the shared extension and the inbound calls are configured. Also, changes on the call forwarding timeout section of the call forwarding page are not changing the time it takes for the call to be sent to the AA.

I'm downloading 1.1.6 now to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Daniel

I see what you are saying now. I dont thing call forwarding timeout section of the call forwarding affectst the Shared Extensions. I think they apply only to the users. Let me know if you have an issue with this for the users.

There is no way to change a CFNA timers for Shared Extension as of now ( Fixed in the next release). If you would like to control that, the only option would be to use a blast hungroup instead of a Shread Extension or wait for the next release in mid Dec.

Navin Albert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: