cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 feedback: inbound CLI to support outbound dial plan

ADAM CRISP
Level 4
Level 4

We use 9 to represent an outgoing trunk line connection.

Can the CLI of the inbound call be manipulated to add a "9" so missed calls can easily be called back.

thanks

Adam

9 Replies 9

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Adam,

I shall add that to my feature request tracker. This feature is not currently available.

mark.boyce
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adam,

I can't help feeling this could get complicated.

For example to get the outbound CLI correct (ie set to what the missed caller is expecting) the call really needs to go back out on the same trunk as that which it arrived on.

Or alternatively if the caller is from somewhere which I have a cheap SIP carrier set up for I may wish to force it out on a different trunk which normally has the prefix of 8.

The way we work is by using 0 as an outbound prefix which means everything mostly works with missed calls etc.

However that doesnt solve the outbound CLI problem and as there's no outbound LCR on the UC320 it doesn't solve the cheap carrier problem. Can't think of a good solution at the moment.

Mark

Mark,

Do you see small business with 10 to 15 users buying service for two to three different vendor and manage where the call goes when?

Please let me know a use case so that we understand exactly whats going on.And aslo let us know what percentage of customer would probably do that.

That would be vey helpful.

Navin Albert

Two SIP Providers possibly, one 'normal' one and maybe one for a specific location. For example if a customer is UK based but does a lot of US calls they may take a second SIP trunk from a US provider to get a better rate.

Probably not widely done, but a possibility.   As as SIP trunk provider I'd actively discourage it in fact :-)

Mark

And. We could have a unit with the FXO ports connected to the incumbant telco for inbound calls with SIP trunks for LCR....

Appreciate the answers.

A bit late adding my thoughts to this as well, redialling of missed calls is very important to the customers, there is  nothing more annoying than seeing an external missed call, hitting the great feature redial from your phone and having it not work because it's an external call, this would be a very big frustation factor for customers and I think an important fix to be added

There is currently a Soft Key called Edit Dial. This could help you add a 9 in front of the digit. We have plans to implement dialing without 9 even in PBX mode. This should fix you concern.

FYI, currently you could dial without a 9 with a shared FXO in Key system mode.

Hi Navin,

Thanks for the reply, yes I had been using that edit dial, but happy to know it will be supported without it. was just hoping to see it sooner rather than later