cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unable to create 1st account

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

When I attempt to use a PNG file (see attached) when I try to create my initial account for our internal LAN that's 298 pixels wide x 68 tall it says I must use a JPG, GIF, or PNG file.  When I attempt to use no graphic it still complains that I must use an image.  First, what's wrong with my PNG file?  Second, is a graphic really necessary?

Next, I am not on one of the national carriers and many of our customers are not but it will not allow me to enter a cell number without picking a carrier.  This was talked about last week in the training and now really shows a bad design.  You must allow every carrier without exception.

I've attached a screen shot of the last screen that will not allow me to Submit the form.

5 Replies 5

Hi Brian,

I am looking into this as we speak. The manual cellphone entry will be a feature in our next release.

Marcos

Michael Whitley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian. Thanks for your feedback. The customer image is not required. I will look into why this graphic isn't working for you.

Quick question, what browser and version are you using?

Thanks,

Michael Whitley

IE8 on Win7 x64, fully patched.  It would not allow me to create the accountuntil I gave it a graphic.

BTW, appears jpg's work fine, it's just PNGs that do not.  I tried creating another customer account to deploy in the AM and it refused to take their logo either at creation point or after the account was created.  It also absolutely requires some graphic of some sort and will not allow you to submit a new customer without it.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the bug report. I have confirmed the IE8 - PNG problem and a fix is forthcoming. It should be ready soon. This will solve this issue during customer creation as well as trying to manually upload a new photo/logo under the customer's profile.

A customer image/logo should not be required at all to create a customer. In this case you would leave the field totally empty when creating a customer. If you have tried a PNG, had it fail, and then tried to clear out the image, you will likely see problems. Most browsers do not allow users to natively "blank out" a file upload field once a file has been chosen. We are investigating a solution that will let users clear out this field. As a short-term workaround, you can close the "Add Customer" dialogue and re-open it. This should completely reset form and empty the image/logo field. You can also refresh the page.

If you are leaving this field totally empty and seeing an error preventing you from creating a customer, please let me know. My 32bit version of IE8 does not display an error and allows me to create a customer without an image when the image/logo field is empty.

Thanks for your patience!

Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: