Helpful
Replies

Unable To Determine Health Status of AP's

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Team,

This one is only a minor maybe?

However under the dashboard section, FindIT is unable to determine the status of the Access Points, as you can see in the screen shot this is not the case with the switch.

SNMP is fully enabled and working, so my assumption would be that this should be able to be determined.

Steps followed to diagnose and resolve:

• Shut Down VM and reload
  • Turn AP's off and then back on again
  • Try Different ports on the switch

After multiple attempts at resolving the issue, still unable to get FindIT to resolve the Health Status, this is quite a valuable function when it comes to AP's and having a few of them in operation.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
8 Replies 8

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's actually a problem with the WAPs rather than FindIT.  The WAP371 (and the WAP571 for that matter) have not implemented the particular MIB variable that tracks CPU usage, so we cannot show a health value for these devices.  The later WAP models do implement that variable, and so should come up fine.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave,

Is this something that can be resolved or the MIB for these AP's and the 571 will not get an update?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Honestly, I don't know.  The issue is not a technical one, but rather a question of priority vs the other enhancement requests that exist for the platforms.  Ultimately it is up to the product team for the WAPs to make that decision.  The fact that you are raising it as a concern will have a bearing on the decision, but I don't know what the outcome will be.

Cheers,
Dave.

OK Thanks I will leave that with the Dev's... It has been raised so I have done my job :)

Cheers,

David.

I've just found out a little more here.  As it happens, we also have the CPU information available through the restconf interface, so if you are running the restconf firmware, you should see a health indication for those devices.  Now as it happens, you actually have the restconf firmware available to you, since I gave you that build when we were looking at the wireless problems you were having.  But I don't think the beta build is looking at restconf for that data yet.

So please check this again when you have the next beta drop.  If you have the restconf firmware loaded on the WAPs, you should see the device health displayed.

Cheers,
Dave.

Hi Dave,

As per my reply on the other thread, I do indeed have the restconf firmware installed, so this problem is happening with that firmware loaded :)

Screen shot added just for procedural purposes.

Cheers,

David.

Yup.  Check again with the next beta drop, and it should be good.

Cheers,
Dave.

Roger That!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: