Views
Helpful
Replies

VLAN creation and Multiple VLAN Subnets

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Just for your info guys...

I created 3 VLANs on top of the default VLAN1.

My LAN IP address was set on the LAN configurations as 172.16.10.1/24

The VLANs that i created after however automatically picked up IP Addresses like so:

192.168.2.1/24  VLAN2

192.168.3.1/24  VLAN3

192.168.3.1/24  VLAN4

FYI.

Regards Simon
4 Replies 4

jay.johnson1
Level 1
Level 1

I am "sooooo" loving the vlan functionality of this device.  I was streaming a movie from my server on one vlan while having a conversation via my pbx server which was on one of the other vlans and experience "minimal to zero lag" through the entire call!!!

Jay

Certified: CCNA (R/S, Security, Voice), CCDA, CCNP (R/S)

Yeah I was experimenting with VLANs and Wireless Profiles.  I have a DLink DSM520 DMA that pulls over wifi. so a seperate vlan for this and another vlan for the other Wireless profile will be nice.

Regards Simon

I currently have the following ports connected into my Cisco Catalyst 3524-XL-EN switch

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Port 1 - VLAN 999 access mode

Port 2 -- VLAN 9 access mode (connected to my existing DMZ), with VLANs 1,99,21,911,3

Port 3 -- trunk mode, VLANs 1,

Port 4 -- unused (at present)

WAN Connection

------------------------

The WAN port is connected into the Cisco switch, too.  That switch port is in VLAN 921 (my DSL VLAN) and sharing my DSL modem with my "main" connection which is through my ASA 5505.  I'm using a second set of DSL credentials (username/password) to obtain a different IP address.

Personally I find the 150 second wait between changing the IP address of a VLAN subnet and being able to access the GUI again is way too long.

/Eric

P.S.  I've attached my testing notes to date (21 Nov 2010) to this post.

Hi Eric,

>Personally I find the 150 second wait between changing the IP address  of a VLAN subnet and being able to access the GUI again is way too  long.

Duly noted. I agree that it took quite long for an operation. Will ask the team if improvement can be made.

I will go thru your test note and address accordingly.

Thanks,

Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: