cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Warning <Anti-Spam> spamblocker.xxxx.xx: CASE update unsuccessful. This may be due to transient netwo...

mads
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have over the last 24 hours received messages like this.

CASE update unsuccessful. This may be due to transient network or DNS issues, HTTP proxy configuration causing update transmission errors or unavailability of the configured download server. The specific error on the appliance for this failure is: Error transferring update package dfa_updates (dfa_updates-20110608_205012.case): md5 checksum mismatch, expected '156f10ac9fd17063528c640e0d6e0a26' got 'a23f9d04f3b173bd5fd0ea991f0c0eff' (727390 bytes)

Version: 7.1.3-010

Serial Number: 002219D4D7C2-D6QVTH1

Timestamp: 08 Jun 2011 23:53:27 +0200

To learn more about this alert, please visit the Cisco support Web site.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/index.html

Additional assistance is available through a Support Request. From Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker, go to the "Help and Support" menu in the upper right corner of the page and select "Open a Support Case".

Thank you.

Could anyone explain to me -why

2 Replies 2

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Mads,

I'm sorry for the late reply on your topic in the support forum.

It's a bit tricky to provide a generic response to this as this issue is most likely network related and may require additional infromation from your end that you may not want to disclose in a forum (e.g. your network infrastructure, which region your're located in, is the blocker using a proxy server for pulling the updates, etc.).

It seems that the downloaded file was either corrupted in transit (proxy server or other inline A/V gateway may cause this) or that during the update the files on the downloads server has been updated and the MD5 hash file was not matching the pulled file (this may result in a single alter that you saw and the update should then work fine at the next update interval). But as I understand you've received the error message at a higher frequency during 24 hours. How ofte did you receive the alert and at what frequency? Was it at every configured update interval (default = five minutes)?

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi,

Adding to what martin has said i have seen where high network traffic loads will cause multiple errors over and over with in a 24 hour period.

Thanks,

Jasbryan

Cisco Support Engineer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: