cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert

Welcome to this Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and any ask questions about how to configure and troubleshoot a wireless network with Cisco expert  Alexander De Menezes.

Ask questions from Monday February 22 to Friday March 4, 2016

Wireless networks have became pervasive in today's world. Cisco offers very strong wireless porfolio that helps business to connect to the Internet anywhere anytime. 

This session will focus on answering question regarding how to deploy a wireless network and also, the common pitfalls and issues that might happen in an installed wireless network. 

Alexander De Menezes  is a Technical Support engineer in the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in Cisco Brussels.  He is expert on any wireless products, including Wireless LAN controllers and Access Points. He also has in-depth knowledge of AAA and IBNS technologies. Alexander joined Cisco in 2007. He holds a Master in Sciences in Advanced Electronic Engineering from the University of Warkick, UK. 

Alexander  might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Getting Started with Wireless Community

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/events.

**Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

Join the Discussion : Cisco Ask the Expert

2 Comments
sarat1317
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Alex

I am in the process of configuring guest wifi network using WLC and ISE. I configured Open authentication and mac address filtering so that I can monitor and allow the users based on mac addresses.

Problem:

Once I am authenticated, ISE profiled my device and can access the network. However I can spoof the mac address of the profiled device (my phone) and am able to connect from my laptop using the same mac. No further authentication is needed to access the wifi.

Wanted to check if there is any solution on WLC or ISE to prevent spoofing?

Please advise

Thanks

Venkat

mulmohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm new to this, for testing purpose I need to configure below topology

How to configure this topology to send traffic from pagent port 'A' to controller to AP to WGB to pagent port 'B'

Topology:

+-----Port_'B' Pagent Port_'A'--- Controller --- AP ---WGB
| |
+-------------------------------------------------------+

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

French webcast-routing