Views
Helpful
Replies

3102-GW ATA not detecting PSTN disconnect

oncallit1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco and community..

Need help with PSTN disconnect issue on SPA-3102-GW ATA.

[I have the latest FW release, 5.2.13 for this unit.]

Setup:

ATA is configured as PSTN-VoiP gateway. Line1 is registerred to remote PBX, PSTN is registerred to same PBX but different number.

PSTN calls are setup to divert to PBX extension after 20 sec's.

Scenario:

Incomming PSTN call, Line1 phone rings (ok so far), 20 secs expires call diverts to PBX extension and call is placed - everything ok.

Either caller or callee hangs up and call is terminated.

Issue:

Incomming PSTN call, Line1 phone rings - now sometimes caller hang-up just before the 20 secs divert time.

When this occurs, the phone on Line1 rings a litle longer, then diverts to PBX extension. Issue now is, PBX extension answers but caller has hung-up and PSTN line remains off hook for ever until PSTN line is physically removed from socket OR unit is power cycled.

My observations

PSTN to SPA calls: (Answered through Line1)

If Line1 disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: VoIP Call Ended}

PSTN to SPA calls: (Answered through Line1)

If PSTN disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: PSTN Disconnect Tone}

PSTN to SPA calls: (Diverted to PBX extn)

If Line1 disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: VoIP Call Ended}

PSTN to SPA calls: (Diverted to PBX extn)

If PSTN disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: PSTN Disconnect Tone}

The issue here is, if a caller hangs-up just before the PSTN answer delay time, the unit will continue to ring for a few sec's then divert to the extn nominated in the dial-plan.

Now, the SPA-3102 cannot detect PSTN disconnect as this call is now a VoiP call, so the PSTN side will remain off-hook until the far end hangs up.

Is this a bug, or by design ?

Any suggestions??

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I had similar problem, my 3102 was not disconnecting when I finished my calls

You may have to change setting in Voice > PSTN Line > PSTN Disconnect Detection section

Line "Disconnect Tone" I had to put 440@-30,440@-30;2(0.5/0.5/1+2) for france

Hi David -

Disconect tone works fine for 'pure PSTN' calls, incomming / outgoing. The problem exists once the call gets diverted from PSTN to VoiP - through the setting 'VoiP answer delay' setting.

If the PSTN caller hangs-up just before the "VoIP Answer Delay" threshold, the call will ring one to two times more, invoking 'VoiP Answer Delay", therfore turning the call into a VoiP call - it's at this point that the unit wont detect PSTN disconnect.

I'm looking at why the unit does this, is it a bug or by design?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: