Views
Helpful
Replies

3102-GW ATA not detecting PSTN disconnect

oncallit1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco and community..

Need help with PSTN disconnect issue on SPA-3102-GW ATA.

[I have the latest FW release, 5.2.13 for this unit.]

Setup:

ATA is configured as PSTN-VoiP gateway. Line1 is registerred to remote PBX, PSTN is registerred to same PBX but different number.

PSTN calls are setup to divert to PBX extension after 20 sec's.

Scenario:

Incomming PSTN call, Line1 phone rings (ok so far), 20 secs expires call diverts to PBX extension and call is placed - everything ok.

Either caller or callee hangs up and call is terminated.

Issue:

Incomming PSTN call, Line1 phone rings - now sometimes caller hang-up just before the 20 secs divert time.

When this occurs, the phone on Line1 rings a litle longer, then diverts to PBX extension. Issue now is, PBX extension answers but caller has hung-up and PSTN line remains off hook for ever until PSTN line is physically removed from socket OR unit is power cycled.

My observations

PSTN to SPA calls: (Answered through Line1)

If Line1 disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: VoIP Call Ended}

PSTN to SPA calls: (Answered through Line1)

If PSTN disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: PSTN Disconnect Tone}

PSTN to SPA calls: (Diverted to PBX extn)

If Line1 disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: VoIP Call Ended}

PSTN to SPA calls: (Diverted to PBX extn)

If PSTN disconnects call - I see:

{Last PSTN Disconnect Reason: PSTN Disconnect Tone}

The issue here is, if a caller hangs-up just before the PSTN answer delay time, the unit will continue to ring for a few sec's then divert to the extn nominated in the dial-plan.

Now, the SPA-3102 cannot detect PSTN disconnect as this call is now a VoiP call, so the PSTN side will remain off-hook until the far end hangs up.

Is this a bug, or by design ?

Any suggestions??

2 Replies 2

Hi,

I had similar problem, my 3102 was not disconnecting when I finished my calls

You may have to change setting in Voice > PSTN Line > PSTN Disconnect Detection section

Line "Disconnect Tone" I had to put 440@-30,440@-30;2(0.5/0.5/1+2) for france

Hi David -

Disconect tone works fine for 'pure PSTN' calls, incomming / outgoing. The problem exists once the call gets diverted from PSTN to VoiP - through the setting 'VoiP answer delay' setting.

If the PSTN caller hangs-up just before the "VoIP Answer Delay" threshold, the call will ring one to two times more, invoking 'VoiP Answer Delay", therfore turning the call into a VoiP call - it's at this point that the unit wont detect PSTN disconnect.

I'm looking at why the unit does this, is it a bug or by design?