cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7932# does not work

kubus
Level 1
Level 1

When i input **** and then 7932# into my SPA112 I get "invalid option" answer. Even after the factory reset. Why is that?

10 Replies 10

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

WWW UI is not disabled on unrestricted unit with factory-default configuration.

If it is not available after reset to factory default, it seems you have OEM customized/restricted unit. In such case, the access to IVR may be restricted as well.

Return it to the seller unless intentional.

kubus
Level 1
Level 1

I have bought it in normal shop, it was not supposed to be restricted. If it is, then I have been cheated. How can I tell is it open version or not?
EDIT: In Voice/Information/Product Information  it say "Customization:    Open". I guess it is not OEM?

Besides, the www UI is not disabled at all. I can log into it. I just want to disable/enable it by the means of IVR.

It has

Model:SPA112, 2 FXS
Hardware Version:1.0.0
Boot Version:1.2.0 (Jun 12 2012 - 11:08:06)
Firmware Version:1.3.3 (015) Dec 13 2013
Recovery Firmware:1.2.0 (001)

"Customization:    Open". I guess it is not OEM?

True. It's unrestricted retail version.

I just want to disable/enable it by the means of IVR.

Have you password set to a non-default value ?

Related: SPA122 cannot access web configuration utility

Rate useful responses. It will help others to found valuable advices.

Yes, i have changed the password.

Accesing the web config is not the problem.  Locking/unlocking the access by the means of IVR is.

Well, I wish I found the final answer. But you will not be happy with it.

According documentation, the IVR code 7932 is dedicated to "Control WAN port admin web server". But SPA112 have no WAN port so it can't be enabled nor disabled - thus the code is invalid. It's not possible to enable/disable WWW server on LAN port via IVR.

Rate useful responses. It will help others to found valuable advices.

Are you sure? As far as I can tell SPA112  have no LAN (ethernet) port. It have only the WAN (internet) port.

Hm ...

All at all, WWW UI can't be disabled via IVR on SPA112. If you wish to report it as bug you need to contact a Small Business Support Center (SBSC).

I have the same problem with a SP 122 unit, which comes with a WAN port, and despite this fact I still cannot use the 7932# option. Besides there are more options that are not available in my unit, such as 100# and 111#.

I had a solution on the above. You have to connect your PC to the yellow Internet Port of the Cisco SPA122 or 112 then you will be assigned to the 192.168.15.0 network and your Cisco SPA122 or 112 has its own IP 192.168.15.1. Your PC is in the 192.168.15.0 segment. Once you type http://192.168.15.1 then you can access your Cisco SPA122 or 112. If your Cisco SPA122 WAN/Internet port is also connected then your PC could access the Internet as well.

I hope the above could resolve your problem.

2020-08-29 10:25AM EST

Stephan_Rackco
Level 1
Level 1

This problem was kicking my butt as well...

The answer is simple and frustrating... The IVR will not allow the use of 7932# option when the default password is still in place.

The fix...

1) Connect WAN to Internet port
2) Connect any PC/Laptop to the Ethernet Port ( make sure your device is set to get a DHCP address )

3) The Cisco ATA 122 will assign your device an IP ( typically 192.168.15.100 )

4) Open a browser on your PC/Laptop and go to http://192.168.15.1 and login with default user/pass which is admin/admin

5) In configuration menu change default admin pass to a new password, while you are here enable WAN admin access.

6) For sheets and giggles and to see I wasn't pulling your leg, check the IVR again, 7932# will work now!  DOH!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: