cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy signal on inbound calls to SPA1001

reynoldhu
Level 1
Level 1

My SPA1001 had been working fine for both incoming and outgoing calls, but recently, all incoming calls were getting busy signal.  The phone would sometimes ring one ring only, or not ring at all on my end, but caller would always get the busy signal.  No setting had been changed on my ATA.  Outgoing calls are fine.  Any idea what may cause this?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Born
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi reynoldhu,

Given that outbound calls are working, this indicates that the device is successfully registering with your ITSP.

Consider contacting your service provider to determine if calls are being properly routed to the device.

Good luck,

Patrick

-----------

Thanks Patrick.  I already checked with my provider, but the calls are being properly routed to the device (at least to my router).

Is it possible your phone is not being hung up properly? Maybe the phone is put on the hook but doesn't go "on hook". The best way to find out why the calls don't come in is with a sip log. Setup a syslog server, set the debug level to 3 on the SPA device and then post the results of a few incoming calls. Typically if the calls are not ringing the phones it is because the call setup portion of the phone call is not getting through correctly. This syslog debug should help us find out if that is the case.

Bill

Thanks Bill.  The problem is that the symptom is not consistent.  Sometime it rings properly, sometimes it rings a single short ring, and sometime it doesn't ring at all when calls come in.  the only consistency is that the caller gets a busy signal. 

Out of curiosity, have you recently, or are you currently using your ITSP credentials to register another device?  (For example:  a softphone, another SIP device, etc.)  If so, your ITSP may not allow multiple registrations.  If this is the case, the last device/program to register would receive all inbound calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: