Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forwarding issue on SPA2102

cjordan84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We've been having some issues with our SPA2102 ATAs concerning call forwarding.  They register through our MetaSwitch, which is what we would like to have control all aspects of call forwarding.  Our enable/disable codes on the switch are *72 and *73, respectively.

However, when we attempt to disable call forwarding from a line on a 2102, we receive a second, higher-pitched, dial tone, which I understand is the ATA's internal dial tone.  Dialing *73 again seems to break that tone and actually disables call forwarding on the server, but this hasn't worked in all cases.  I've tried to disable the ATA's internal call forwarding, but when I "disable" call forwarding, it switches from giving the "fake" tone on *73 to instead giving it on *72.

Is there any way to fully disable call forwarding in an SPA2102?

Charles

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Charles -- Thanks so much for updating this thread. Always like to hear when an issue is resolved.

Would you be kind enough to mark your original question as answered?

Thanks for taking the time.

Stephanie Reaves
Cisco Small Business

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The default star code settings are for the phone to control the various features.

For the server to control the features, you need to remove the star code from the phone and assign it to go out of the phone to the server.

Steps

1.  Remove the star code from Cfwd all act code and Cfwd all deact code.

2.  Put the *72, *73 in the Feature Dial Services Codes.

Full info is in the admin guide.

You can confirm the server is seeing the star code now by checking the debug log file or wireshark capture and the Invite should show the star code sent out from the phone to the server.

I actually just found the solution to this issue.  Thanks for pointing me to the administration guide.

In the guide, it states that any feature code defined in the "Features Dial Services Codes" field will have a prompt tone played after it, by default.  It also states that for codes not needing a prompt tone, do not include them in the Features Dial Services Codes field, but do define them in the Dial Plan.

I removed *73 from the Features Dial Services Codes field and everything is working properly.  There were no other changes needed.

Thanks,

Charles

Hello Charles -- Thanks so much for updating this thread. Always like to hear when an issue is resolved.

Would you be kind enough to mark your original question as answered?

Thanks for taking the time.

Stephanie Reaves
Cisco Small Business

I was actually looking for a way to do that, but I can't seem to find one.  I have buttons for replies to mark a "Correct Answer", but I can't seem to find anything that will simply let me mark the question as answered...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: