Replies

Call problem with SPA112

Boia11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have a problem.

Hardware and configuration:

I have a router TP-Link TL-MR3420 with 4G USB Modem Key and Cisco SPA112 connect. I have config ATA with Messagenet provider with this guide: Here.

I setup the Line1, the line 2 isn't use. Attach on Line1 there is Gigaset C620A.

Problem:

With inbound calls work perfectly.

With outbound calls the cordless make number and go to busy (busy tone)

Call status: "Invalid" and go to "Reorder"

I attach Log (debug level).

Why? Help me

4 Replies 4

If your incoming calls are working well that may indicate that your basic communication and registration is OK, the outgoing call failure could have something to do with your provider's call authentication technique. Your provider's registration authentication may not be as rigorous as the outgoing call authentication. The sip trace should show an indication of that problem. I once had a problem where the provider didn't like a character in the entry I had for Display Name.

It could also be a problem with an ALG (Application Layer Gateway) setting in your router, although I don't see a Sip ALG setting, just H323 ALG for your router.

The voip provider's instructions that you posted (for a SPA1001) suggests disabling any firmware updates. I would recommend you upgrade firmware for any of the SPA products.

Post an updated trace showing both a good incoming call and a failing outgoing call for better analysis.

Thanks for help Howard.

@Howard Wittenberg wrote:

It could also be a problem with an ALG (Application Layer Gateway) setting in your router, although I don't see a Sip ALG setting, just H323 ALG for your router.

The Router in this moment is set like that:

screenshot-9368856c-d38e-4271-8000-8c850c184605-2017-09-05-07-09-19.png

There isn't SIP ALG and I have try to disable SPI Firewall.

But I don't think that the problem is router because the cisco work well for month, since Thusday I have this problem. I try to call with VoIP account using my Android N phone and it work great for incoming and outgoing call.

The voip provider's instructions that you posted (for a SPA1001) suggests disabling any firmware updates. I would recommend you upgrade firmware for any of the SPA products.

I have always update SPA112 to last firmware. Now it have 1.4.1 SR1 of 15/Aug/2017 version flash on it.

The sip trace should show an indication of that problem. I once had a problem where the provider didn't like a character in the entry I had for Display Name.

[...]

Post an updated trace showing both a good incoming call and a failing outgoing call for better analysis.

How can I capture SIP trace? With Wireshark?

@Boia11 wrote:

You can capture a sip trace with a syslog program on your pc. Set the debug level to highest an put your ip address on the System Tab under Debug Server, and on the Line 1 Tab set the Sip Debug Option to full.

Wireshark is an excellent tool, the problem is that it runs on your pc and your pc must be able to see the packets that the SPA is sending and receiving and this is often a problem with consumer grade equipment. You can do it with an old fashioned hub or a router that has a special monitor port or running the pc in internet sharing but it is usually a problem.

@Boia11 wrote:

You can capture a sip trace with a syslog program on your pc. Set the debug level to highest an put your ip address on the System Tab under Debug Server, and on the Line 1 Tab set the Sip Debug Option to full.

Wireshark is an excellent tool, the problem is that it runs on your pc and your pc must be able to see the packets that the SPA is sending and receiving and this is often a problem with consumer grade equipment. You can do it with an old fashioned hub or a router that has a special monitor port or running the pc in internet sharing but it is usually a problem.

okay, as soon as I get back from my job trip I try and put you the results here. thanks ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: