Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't make international phone call through my VoIP provider using SPA3102

cliendo1966
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a SPA3102 and I can make phone calls without any problem from my 'Line 1' to PSTN ([96]xxxxxxxx), VoIP numbers which the following format 3xxxxxx, however when I try to make phone calls to an international number through my VoIP provider by using the following format 00xxxxxxxxxxxx, the phone call don't go through, I receive a busy tone instead. It is very strange since I can make the phone call without any problem through a softphone like X-Lite. I think that it might be related with some timers configuration but I couldn't find out where the problem is.

Rgds,

Carlos Liendo

3 Replies 3

cliendo1966
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Is there anybody that can help me out on this.

Regards,

Carlos Enrique Liendo

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Carlos,

if you look in the line1 config

admin-->advanced-->voice--> line1

look at the bottom for the dial plan, this tells the ATA what it is allowed to dial.

There is a pipe symbol  | between each entry, so you can add an entry that looks like

00xxxxxxxxxxxx

in the default I believe there is an entry for

00|[2-9]xxxxxx

which means dial 2 zeros, then a number between 2 and 9, then 6 more numbers

If you are unsure, just post the contents of the "dial plan" section...

more examples here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/csbpvga/ata/administration/guide/ATA_AG_v3_NC-WEB.pdf

pg 61, or search for dial plan in the doc...

hope this helps,

Dan

Hi All,

I found that the problem wasn't related with the Dial Plan. The problem occur because the CID was blocked on all outbound calls by using *67. For this reason the sip protocol used the following:

Therefore because my VoIP provider doesn't low anonymous call to go through when the called to number is an international PSTN number.

I used *68 to deactivate the anonymous outbound call.

/Carlos Liendo