cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can the SPA112 phone adapter be used for an entry door station?

davidmaji
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a large IP phone system and a number of analog door intercom modules that need to be integrated with it. Long story short, they need the analog door stations to be on the IP system so that when the doorbell rings the phones they can see which one was pressed.

Currently we're using a Channel Vision controller that the incoming analog phone line passes through, the Channel Vision will ring the line into the IP gateway just like any other exterior call. The IP system, on the other hand, needs an extension to be dialed for a "page all" to be sent.

So my questions are: Can the SPA112 get the analog intercom on the IP system? If so, can the SPA112 be configured to dial the proper extension when there's a "ring" on the analog side?

2 Replies 2

Hi David

Spa112 has 2 FXS port so your system should be able to simply go off hook on the line and with an appropriate dialplan configuration on SPA it could be work.

Here you can find a configuration sample of SPA 112.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi!

My follow up question is: Page All group with VoIP system is called when a doorbell is triggered. But on your screenshot there're no registration with VoIP system on SPA112. Will it work without the registration?

The issue that we experiencing with my customer is that I got registered SPA112 to a VoIP system, configured dial plan: (P1 <:1000> | (9,8<:1408>[2-9]xxxxxx | 9,8,1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx | 9,8,011xx. | 9,8,xx.|[1-8]xx)

But it doesn't ring on demand, instead it randomly calls the ext.1000

Thanks you for any help in advance,

Dmytro.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: