cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changed SPA122 config parameters from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1

Aaron Mount
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the config.xml file from my ATA before I upgraded the firmware from 1.1.0(011) to 1.2.1(004), then upgraded the firmware. Afterwards, I reset the ATA to factory defaults, provisioned it again, and then downloaded the new config.xml.

I compared the two files and observed the following changes. None of these were set via provisioning, all were the default values.

CWT1_Cadence

• v1.1.0 default value: 30(.3/9.7)
  • v1.2.1 default value: *(.3/9.7)

CDP_ENABLE

• v1.1.0 default value: 0
  • v1.2.1 default value: 1

LLDP_ENABLE

• v1.1.0 default value: 0
  • v1.2.1 default value: 1

Are these changes intentional? Are they correct? The CWT1 setting looks wrong, while the other two just look like someone decided to enable a feature.

If the parameters are incorrect, should I be overwriting them via provisioning back to their previous values?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lance was supposed to communicate the issue back in August that the change was intentional.  * means infinity.  Documentation to update the docs was to occur as well. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

I've submitted the cadence change as a bug.  It should have stayed at 30.

For the other two, it's as designed.  

I've been working with Patrick and Lance to test the SPA1x2 lock-up issue (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3803687#3803687). Per their instructions, I've been testing the beta of v1.3.1(002).

Just FYI, I notice that the factory default value for CWT1_Cadence is still incorrect in this version. Perhaps it can be addressed before the next firmware goes live?

CWT1_Cadence

• v1.1.0(011) default value: 30(.3/9.7)
  • v1.3.1(002) default value: *(.3/9.7)     ("*"should still be "30")

I'm fixing this value for our deployed devices via provisioning, but I'm assuming that not everyone has realized they would need to do so.

Lance was supposed to communicate the issue back in August that the change was intentional.  * means infinity.  Documentation to update the docs was to occur as well. 

Got it. Thanks for the updated info!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: